A day after getting beaten down with the rest of the market, three in four of this year’s VC-backed IPOs posted gains in today’s market rebound.
Of the 38 VC-backed companies that have gone public on U.S. exchanges this year, 28 saw their share prices increase today, while nine experienced declines and one remained flat, according to data from Thomson Reuters (publisher of peHUB). That stands in stark contrast to yesterday, when 36 of the stocks lost value and two remained flat.
The five biggest gainers in terms of dollars were LinkedIn (NYSE: LNKD), which shot up $8 to $83.47; Fusion-io (NYSE: FIO), up $3.22 to $28; Homeaway (NASDAQ: AWAY), up $2.91 to $34.58; Yandex (Nasdaq: YNDX), up $2.72 to $29.76; and Qihoo 360 Technology (NYSE: QIHU), up $2.26 to $20.26.
On a percentage basis, the day’s five biggest gainers were Endocyte (NASDAQ: ECYT), up 17.2%; Fusion-io, up 12.99%; Qihoo, up 12.56%; Responsys (NASDAQ: MKTG), up 11.88%; and Jiayuan.com (NASDAQ: DATE), up 11.57 percent.
For a look at how all 38 VC-backed stocks performed today, watch the following slideshow. It’s organized alphabetically.
- Slideshow: LinkedIn, Solazyme, Zipcar, 33 Other VC-Backed IPOs Bloodied in Market Beatdown
- Slideshow: Top Performing VC-backed Chinese IPOs
- Slideshow: How This Year’s 10 Biggest VC-Backed IPOs Fared In The Market Plunge
- VC-Backed IPOs Survive and Rebound
- VC-Backed Invensense Among 3 U.S. IPOs Postponed Amid Tough Market