Serious Energy Inc., a maker of energy efficient material used in windows for buildings, has raised $2.97 million of a proposed $33.9 million funding round, according to an ammended filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. PeHub.com reported previously that Serious Energy had recently raised an undisclosed amount from GSV Capital – a closed-end, publicly traded investment fund that’s been investing in venture-backed private companies — had acquired shares in Serious Energy. The company’s products have been used in the Empire State Building and the New York Stock Exchange. Serious Energy’s board includes venture capitalists John Babcock, a partner with Rustic Canyon Partners; NEA’s Forest Baskett; Thomas Galuhn, a senior managing director at Mesirow Financial; and Paul Holland, general partner for Foundation Capital.
(Note: The second sentence of this story was rewritten to make it clear that GSV Capital acquired shares in Serious Energy but did not make a direct investment in the company. -Ed.)
- Marshall Clean Energy Assists in Project Financing for Several Clean Energy Projects – Corrected
- dPoint Raises $2.6 Million from GreenAngel Energy
- Viridity Energy Raises Series B Financing From Braemar Energy Ventures and Intel Capital
- Prudent Energy Raises $22 Million
- Energy Micro Raises $13 Million