European buyout fundraising witnessed a mega boost in 2011, up an impressive 383% year-on-year from $12.47 billion raised in 2010, to $30.03 billion raised. Over half of that amount was raised by the top three mega funds raised in Europe in 2011. Next year looks set to be another positive year on the cards for fundraising with European-based powerhouses Advent International, Apax, Cinven and Permira all in the market with their next billion euro funds.
Of total European funds raised in 2011, the UK accounted for just over two thirds with $20.06 billion of the total amount. This was up an impressive 837% year on year from $6.3 billion the previous year. France came in second place raising $4.84 billion up a mega 618% from 2010’s $0.96 billion figure. And The Netherlands comes in third place raising $2,14 billion in 2011 up 129% from $1.25 billion
Which fund managers were celebrating last year with their pots of gold now ready and raring to make investments in 2012? Check out our top ten to find out.
Fund Nation: Netherlands
Fund Name: Bencis Buyout Fund IV
Fund Stage: Buyouts
Amount Raised ($m): 560.90
Previous Fund: Bencis Buyout Fund III
Amount Raised ($m): 501.75
- European Venture Fundraising On Track For A Boost In 2011; 89 Funds In Market
- Slideshow: Euro Venture Fundraising Takes a Tumble
- SLIDESHOW: Top 10 European Buyout Funds Investing in U.S. 2010-Now
- Slideshow: A Selection of Euro Buyout Fund Terms and Conditions
- Slideshow: European PE Performance First Half 2011