(Reuters) – The owners of Getty Images Inc, the largest supplier of stock photos, video and other digital content, have retained bankers to examine a possible sale or public offering of the business, a person close to the matter said Tuesday.
Hellman & Friedman, the U.S. private equity fund which bought the business four years ago for $2.4 billion, is working with Goldman Sachs Group Inc and JPMorgan Chase & Co the source said.
A sale or IPO of Getty could value the company at $4 billion, the source said.
Hellman & Friedman and JPMorgan declined to comment. Goldman Sachs was not immediately available for comment.
The news was reported earlier by the Financial Times.
(Reporting By Nadia Damouni; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
Image Credit: Shutterstock.com
- Hellman & Friedman, with $380 Mln Dividend from Getty Images, Makes Back Nearly All of its Money
- CVC Nears Deal to Buy AlixPartners for More than $1B from Hellman & Friedman
- Hellman Buying Getty Images
- Hellman & Friedman Completes Acquisition of Associated Materials
- Hellman & Friedman Completes Datatel Deal