What’s the good word during the slow summer days? Bain’s IRR, big deals and fundraisings, fundraisings, fundraisings. This week, our PE team weighs in big, we count on our Reuters colleagues to keep us in the know and we take on the issues being faced by VCs.
1. Luisa Beltran had the news of Bain funds’ IRR under Mitt Romney
2. Mark Boslet weighed in on the clubbiest VCs in the business
3. Reuters covered the VCs feeling the—now well-deserved—heat from dotcom turmoil
4. Our Reuters colleagues also covered a potentially prickly issue for crowdfunders—the tax man!
5. Bernard Vaughan covered a LBO shop that is getting back into the game with a bang
6. Bernard Vaughan had the latest on a FoF fundraising
7. Luisa Beltran had the word on Lightyear’s latest fund
8. Fundraising was the word of the week this week, and Bernard Vaughan also knows what’s up with one Cleveland LBO shop’s efforts
9. David Toll held court with Kohlberg’s Shant Mardirossian
10. Our friends at Reuters also had the very latest on bidders for Cole Haan—no shocker, LBO shops among them
Image Credit: Shutterstock.com