* Brad Feld: The founders visa movement.
* Really can’t believe it was eight years ago. Take more than a moment to remember…
* The Economist: Electric fuel trade acid test.
* Conventional wisdom is that Obama gained at least a tiny bit of ground on Wednesday night. And then the market hit a year-long high on Thursday. Crickets from those who insisted (yes you, Jim Pethokoukis) that the public equity rally was tied to Obama’s agenda losing steam.
* Tweet of the Day comes from @anamariecox: To be fair, “You lie!” is a standard form of greeting in DC.
* Yesterday was particularly active for the Boston startup/venture community. TechStars Boston had its inaugural investor night, Polaris Venture Partners announced that it is expanding Dog Patch Labs eastward (Polaris also hosted a party at Fenway for the LogMeIn crew) and there were multiple events related to the Cleantech Forum (including something Bob Metcalfe was involved in at the Libery Hotel).
* Scott Sperling of THL Partners goes on CNBC, to discuss economy, deal-making and PE interest in banks: