* Trouble in UK buyout land: PAI Partners gets investor approval to cut its fund size by 50%, while Candover has extended its standstill agreement for new deals.
* Coffee Wars: Green Mountain and Peet’s battle for K-Cup control
* David Lerner: What VCs do and don’t like to see when looking at university spinouts
* Mark Suster: Is strategic money an oxymoron?
* Does pharma corruption mean that scientists are about to become the new Hollywood villains?
* Supply & Demand: On Sept. 26, more students took the LSATs than ever before. Problem is, there aren’t enough law firms to absorb all the wannbes.
* Does Yahoo have a price list for spying on criminal suspects?
* James Freeman: The Supreme case against Sarbanes-Oxley
* Bloomberg LP deviates from its core biz, by producing evaluation software for pro baseball teams.