* FDIC chief Sheila Bair tells PE bigs to stop “howling”
* PIMCO’s Bill Gross: Can you get out of a debt crisis by adding more debt?
* Josh Kopelman on online shopping: “We’ve seen more innovation in the last 10 months than in the last 10 years.”
* Mark Hulbert: More often than not, the insiders get it right
* Brad Feld on the proliferation of standardized seed financing docs
* M&A attorney Spencer Klein: “Pent-up demand for corporate assets Is getting greater.”
* Starbucks will let you carry a gun into its stores, so long as you live in an open carry state. Seems like a marketing opportunity for PE-backed Dunkin’ Donuts: “America stays safe on Dunkin’”
* The EVCA today released a new white paper titled “The next stage of venture capital evolution in Europe.” Get it in the peHUB File Room.
* Tweet of the Day: @fromedome If the Chile earthquake made the day 1.26 microseconds shorter, when will the French go on strike to demand a 1.26-ms shorter work day?
* ExactTarget CEO Scott Dorsey and CoTweet CEO Jesse Engle talk about ExactTarget’s deal to buy CoTweet (they had spoken to Connie earlier in the day):