* Nicholas Carson goes deep into Facebook’s founding.
* Private equity firms cheer the return of the “staple.” Critics justifiably shudder.
* Microsoft boss Steve Ballmer: We’re “betting our company” on the cloud. The cloud, meanwhile, declined comment.
* Steve Schwarzman argues against placement agent bans (sure it’s self-serving, but it’s also the correct position). My only quibble is that I wish Schwarzman would have called out corrupt PE pros alongside “corrupt political hacks.” After all, wouldn’t PE pros be the “players” in his baseball/steroids analogy?
* Jerry Colonna: What I learned by eating Oreos
* Want to buy Wall Street via an eBay auction? It will only cost you $125k.
* Power Players: 50% of successful social game invites come from 10% of users
* Tweet of the Day: @NathanielMc Love it: “google before you tweet is the new think before you speak”
* Vinod Khosla discusses his investment outlook
* T. Boone Pickens on Americans not embracing natural gas: “The dumbest people in the world”