* Heidi Moore: The myth of the “sophisticated” investor
* James Mawson: Ups and downs at Candover reflect the broader buyout market
* Josh Kosman: “After years of being the little guy who used Washington to fend off Goliaths like Microsoft, Apple CEO Steve Jobs is about to learn what life is like when the shoe’s on the other foot.”
* BusinessWeek lists its Top 10 cities to launch a new startup. And it is absurd. Well, unless you’d really prefer to launch your generic startup in Franklin, Tennessee instead of in San Francisco. Or in Boca Raton instead of Cambridge, Mass. Or in any of the “Top 10″ instead of in New York City.
* Tweet of the Day: @ScottKirsner: When someone mentions talented person to me, I challenge myself to find and hire them w/in 7 days. – Paul English #ack2010
* Tweet of the Day 2: @dsternsf: Is there anyone who is proclaiming the end of venture capital NOT trying to raise an angel fund?
* Revolving Door: From Capitol Hill to hedge funds
* Morgan Joseph’s Ilya Grozovsky says that HP overpaid for Palm: