* Sarah Lacy: Brazil’s slumdog entrepreneurs
* Will Warburg Pincus play spoiler on the Fidelity National buyout?
* Beverly Hills Austerity? California is now one of the world’s top 10 government default risks
* The winner of MIT’s $100k business plan competition is an entrepreneur who’s PhD is in concrete
* John Carney joins CNBC, a network at which he’s thrown more than a few rhetorical punches: “The folks at CNBC never seemed to hold a grudge about it. So I won’t hold one against them either.”
* Tweet of the Day: @pegobry From the LP’s point of view, Ron Conway is basically a Silicon Valley ETF.
* Tweet of the Day II: @lucasvpraag Morgan Stanley probe is an outrage. There’s no way those idiots were smart enough to do the same things that we did.
* Not so sophisticated? SEC’s New York head is “pushing his staff to scrutinize products normally sold to institutional investors.”