* Brendan Moynihan: Ivory tower gives Wall Street its worst ideas
* Mike Butcher says that proposed EU regs could “kill off European VC and screw startups.”
* Why Detroit is worth saving: Q&A with David Egner of Detroit’s New Economy Initiative
* The old gang is back together: Steve Rattner reuinites with his former Quadrangle Asset Management pals to form Willett Advisors.
* Kim-Mai Cutler discusses how DST gets the hottest late-round VC deals. Unfortunately, she doesn’t delve into the BIG question: How much money does DST really have, and where is it coming from?
* Tweet of the Day: @pakman: OH: “Apparently it was the last wish of the Icelandic economy that its ashes be spread over Europe.”
* Index Ventures introduces/formalizes its seed program
* The ultimate Goldman Sachs metaphor reel: