Pan-emerging markets private equity firm Actis has appointed Arjun Oberoi as global healthcare sector head and Ivy Santoso as Indonesian country head. Actis invests exclusively in emerging markets with a growing portfolio of investments in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
You are browsing the archive for Actis - peHUB.
Actis has made a significant minority investment in Nanjing Micro-Tech, a manufacturer of specialist medical equipment to both Chinese and international hospitals and surgeries. This investment builds on Actis’ strong track record of healthcare investments in India.
General Atlantic LLC will acquire the shares held by Actis in Xiabu Xiabu, the Chinese bar-style hotspot brand. Specifics of the deal were not publicized. Xiabu has over 300 restaurants in places like Hebei, Liaoning and Shanghai.
Pan-emerging markets private equity firm Actis has backed Chinese casual dining chain Bellagio. Founded in 2001 in Shanghai by the Lin Family, the company has 35 restaurants across a number of Chinese cities, as well as Macau and the Philippines.
Pan-emerging markets private equity firm Actis is selling its stake in Banque Commerciale du Rwanda to Kenyan regional bank, I&M Bank Limited and French and German development finance institutions, Proparco and DEG. Actis acquired an 80% interest in BCR in a 2004 privatisation, with the remaining 20% interest retained by the Government of Rwanda. PRESS [...]
Pan-emerging markets private equity firm Actis has appointed Mark Ransford as a director focusing on opportunities in West Africa. Ransford will be based in London with regular trips to Lagos; he takes up his post with immediate effect. PRESS RELEASE Actis, the pan-emerging markets private equity firm, today announced the appointment of Mark Ransford as [...]
The head of Actis’ Singapore office, Gary Addison, has left the emerging markets private equity firm after four and a half years, according to an email seen by Reuters. Addison, who was also a partner at Actis with around 20 years of experience in the industry, has no immediate plans to join another company, writes [...]
Pan-emerging markets private equity firm Actis has sold its 85% shareholding in Accra Mall to South African commercial and retail property developer, Atterbury, and financial services group, Sanlam. Accra Mall is a Ghanaian shopping and leisure centre. PRESS RELEASE Actis, the pan-emerging markets private equity firm today confirmed the sale of its 85% shareholding in [...]