CapLinked, a Los Angeles, Calif.-based startup whose cloud-based platform enables investors to manage business transactions like mergers, acquisitions, financings, asset sales and reporting, has closed on a Series A round that the firm has been assembling since last year. The round, which is being closed with $2.1 million, includes new investors Conversion Capital, Inflection Ventures, and The Artesian Group. Previous investors in the company include 500 Startups and venture capitalist Peter Thiel. To date, CapLinked has raised more than $3 million.
You are browsing the archive for CapLinked - peHUB.
CapLinked, an L.A.-based startup backed by investors Peter Thiel, Dave McClure, and David Sacks, among others, is launching new monthly subscription accounts to users of its proprietary platform, which connects privately held companies with accredited investors. The company, which has signed up more than 100,000 users, who currently use the service at no cost, will charge [...]
Deal room software isn’t new. Companies and investors have long had online places to securely manage their due diligence, update investors, and bring in other interested parties. IntraLinks, a publicly traded New York company that is used by one million people every day, charges subscribers thousands of dollars each month to host their most critical [...]
When it comes to keeping track of and referring potential deals, some VCs will never give up their coffee meetings, phones, or good old-fashioned spreadsheets. But CapLinked, an eight-month-old platform startup based in Santa Monica, is betting that a younger generation of investors will want to use new tools that allow them to more easily exchange [...]
1) It’s Not a Bubble, People; It’s a Pyramid Scheme, by Connie Loizos
2) Scoop: Peter Wagner Parts Ways With Accel After Nearly 15 Years, by Alastair Goldfisher
3) Halsey Minor Sticks It To Virginia, Again, by Connie Loizos
4) ‘Goldfinger’ Hits $732M On 2nd Mount Kellett Fund, by Gregory Roth
5) Oak Hill To Make Back 40% of Dave & Buster’s Investment in Nine Months–UPDATED, by Luisa Beltran
6) Riding High On Q4 Profit, KKR Expects To Fully Deploy ’06 Fund, by Luisa Beltran
7) J-Dubs Redux: Beaten Abandoned, & Left For Dead, J.W. Childs Is Back, by Bernard Vaughan
More from the so-called PayPal Mafia. Several influencial PayPal alumni – including Peter Thiel, Dave McClure and Peter Lonsdale – have come together to fund CapLinked, a social network for venture capitalists and investors. In typical Mafia fashion, their $525,000 angel round will go to another former PayPal-er, CapLink co-founder and Chief Executive Eric Jackson [...]