Just since April, notable firms such as Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Union Square Ventures have invested $9 million in three bitcoin-related companies: BitPay, CoinBase and OpenCoin.
You are browsing the archive for Founders Fund - peHUB.
Domo, a new software-as-a-service venture launched by Omniture co-founder Josh James has raised $60 million in Series B financing. GGV Capital, Greylock Partners, Bezos Expeditions, the personal investment company of Jeff Bezos, Workday co-CEOs Aneel Bhusri and David Duffield, Founders Fund and Mercato Partners, amongst others, invested in this round.
Electronic medical records management company Practice Fusion has made its first acquisition, scooping up 100Plus for an undisclosed amount. 100Plus, which was launched in Practice Fusion’s health tech incubator in San Francisco, previously raised $1.25 million in seed-stage funding from Founders Fund (which is also a Practice Fusion investor), Greylock Discovery Fund, Felicis Ventures (another Practice Fusion investor) and the Band of Angels. 100Plus was co-founded by CEO Chris Hogg, a health care data analytics expert formerly with Gilead Sciences, who will join Practice Fusion’s data and product development group.
Though motion sensing technology is often touted as the most promising underdeveloped frontier in human-computer interaction, just a handful of companies in the space have raised significant venture funding. Leap Motion, with a fresh $30 million in the bank, is the latest.
Practice Fusion, which operates an electronic medical record platform for 150,000 medical providers, has raised a $34 million Series C round of funding led by Artis Ventures. Other investors in the round include Felicis Ventures, Band of Angels, Founders Fund, Morgenthaler Ventures and SV Angel. among other institutional and individual investors. The company says it has now raised $64 million in total funding since it was launched in 2007.
Shasta Ventures led a $4.5 million Series A round in San Francisco-based on-demand carwash startup Cherry, the company announced today. Founders Fund and a group of angel investors including Bill Lee and Shervin Pishevar joined prior investors David Sacks and Keith Rabois on the deal. The funds will be used to spread Cherry’s service to [...]
San Francisco-based Practice Fusion, which provides Web-based electronic medical record management for physicians, has raised $2 million in funding from angel investors Jed Stremel (who formerly oversaw Facebook’s mobile strategy), Ali Partovi and Hadi Partovi. Practice Fusion has now raised more than $38 million in total funding since early 2009 from Founders Fund, Band of [...]
Here are this week’s top 10 posts based on number of pageviews from peHUB’s regular readers. Hot topics included powerful women in private equity, details of Zynga’s upcoming IPO and the biggest biotech deals of Q4 so far.
1. Slideshow: Five Powerful Women In Private Equity – by Bernard Vaughan
2. Zynga’s IPO By The Numbers And A Look At Its Three Classes Of Stock: Slideshow – by Mark Boslet
3. Slideshow: Where the Biotech & Device Investors Are–Q4 Edition – by Jonathan Marino
4. Founders Fund on Monday Meetings, Patience, and That New $625 Million Fund – by Connie Loizos
5. Wanted: Private Equity High-Flyers in Growth Areas – by Reuters
6. Slideshow: A Selection of Euro Buyout Fund Terms and Conditions – by Angela Sormani
7. Eight Steps To Mastering Small Company Acquisitions – by Ben Smith
8. The Uniforms of Silicon Valley, a Slideshow (subscribers only) – by Connie Loizos
9. Quien Es Mas Macho? A Slideshow of the Top 5 U.S. PE Funds this Year (subscribers only) – by Luisa Beltran
10. Moody’s: Most Bubble-era LBOs Struggle, while Dollar General, HCA Shine – by Luisa Beltran
We’ve got a new feature that we think you’ll find compelling. It’s a list of the 10 most-shared peHUB stories for the week, as judged by Tweetminster. We’ve been using Tweetminster since July to bring you interesting links from around the Web. The service uses an algorithm to identify the most influential tweeters in venture capital and private equity, then tracks the links those people are sharing.
1. Question of the Week: Does Zuck Do Enough to Protect Your Privacy? – by Luisa Beltran
2. Electric Car Startup Aptera Shuts Down, Idealab Takes Hit of More than $20M – Reuters
3. Founders Fund on Monday Meetings, Patience, and That New $625 Million Fund – by Connie Loizos
4. Slideshow: Maine Reveals Bite Taken By Fees, Expenses – by David Toll
5. Zynga Rival Nexon Prices IPO – by Reuters
6. Facebook Said to Acquire Gowalla as Internal Hiring Expands – by Reuters
7. VCJ Cover Story: The Rise of the Celeb Investors – by Tom Stein
8. Eight Steps To Mastering Small Company Acquisitions – by Ben Smith
9. Tony Roma’s Still Up For Sale, while Krystal Co. Auction in Second Stage – by Luisa Beltran
10. VC Takes Off in Brazil, But First, a Giant Leap of Faith – by Connie Loizos