Private equity deals in Israel fell dramatically in value if not in terms of pace in the third quarter, according to new data out of the IVC Research Center. Sixteen deals, valued at $272 million, were completed, according to the firm’s data. Meanwhile, in the second quarter of this year, 14 deals were sewn up at a collective value of $1.6 billion.
You are browsing the archive for Israel - peHUB.
Last year was a lousy time for Israeli venture funds. In 2010, VCs in Israel raised zero capital. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Already, that tide seems to be turning as Pitango Venture Capital is reportedly raising $350 million for its sixth fund, sources familiar with the matter told Globes. Still, as reporter Tom Stein writes in [...]
I feel behind the eight ball for not covering this earlier. Still, here is a short post on the rebound in the Israeli venture capital. Investors poured $342 million into Israeli-based startups in the first quarter, a substantial 34% rise from the fourth quarter and a startling 102% jump from a year ago. The quarterly [...]
Cleantech pundits like to point out that the rest of the world is cleaning America’s clock in green technology.
But this isn’t entirely true if you look at venture investing. Especially if you look at the recently completed first quarter, when U.S. venture capitalists accounted for 79% of the global capital dispersed to cleantech startups.
It was the highest percentage since 2002, according to the Cleantech Group.
In our previous cleantech slideshows, we’ve covered the quarter’s solid rebound. First-quarter cleantech investment dollars were up 13% from a year ago and 52% from the fourth quarter to $2.57 billion, according to the Cleantech Group.
While deal volume lagged, it was still up 18% from a year ago. The quarter’s 159 deals proved to be the lowest total since mid-2009 and fell 19% from the fourth quarter’s 189.
Footbo, which operates an interactive website for soccer fans, has raised $2.5 million from Pitango Venture Capital, an Israel-based VC firm, according to a report on TechCrunch today. London-based Footbo previously raised $1.6 million from Pitango in February 2008, according to Thomson Reuters (publisher of peHUB). The earlier investment was made by Pitango’s fifth fund, [...]
Want to catch up on what your colleagues found most interesting on peHUB this week? Here are the posts written by our staff that garnered the most pageviews from March 7 to March 11.
1. Disqus to Facebook: “We Aren’t Shaking In Our Boots” – by Connie Loizos.
2. Is Savvis Finally Up for Sale? Tech Co. Said to Have Hired Qatalyst – by Luisa Beltran.
3. Schwarzman, At $5.9B, Among Richest LBO Pros (Well Ahead Of Kravis) – by Steve Bills.
4. Summit Partners Raising $3B Growth Equity, $450M Venture Funds – by Mark Boslet.
5. Doerr, Moritz Make Forbes’ Billionaire List; Will They Make the Resurrected Midas List, Too? – by Alastair Goldfisher.
6. Israeli Venture Funds Raised Zero Dollars in 2010; The Situation is “Critical” – by Connie Loizos.
7. HCA Doesn’t Look So Bad. Here’s The Top 10 PE-backed IPOs – by Luisa Beltran.
8. It Took Two Years But Wynnchurch’s Third Fund Comes In at $603M – by Luisa Beltran.
9. This Anti-Registration Campaign Might Have Legs – by Bernard Vaughan.
10. Sequoia, Google Ventures Join $32M Round For HubSpot – by Mark Boslet.