In late 2008, Institutional Venture Partners General Partner Todd Chaffee had never heard of Twitter. Two months later, it was one of the company’s biggest backers. Speaking at Venture Capital Journal’s Venture Alpha conference Thursday, Chaffee described how a then-junior Institutional Ventures employee, Jules Maltz, came back from a December event organized by the Churchill [...]
You are browsing the archive for Jules Maltz - peHUB.
Hey, it’s Friday. Time to catch up on your reading. Here are the 10 posts regular peHUB readers found most interesting this week.
1. Slideshow: Top 10 Biggest Winners in LinkedIn’s Moon-Shot IPO, by Lawrence Aragon
2. Slide Show: Top IPO Pops By Venture-Backed Companies, by Steve Bills
3. VCs Are Interested in Stuff Besides Social Media (Really), by Nadia Damouni and Jennifer Saba, Reuters
4. VCs from Accel, Atlas and Google Ventures Are Skeptical of Secondary Market Trading, by Jennifer Saba and Nadia Damouni, Reuters
5. Scoop: ‘Super LP’ Chris Douvos Leaving The Investment Fund for Foundations, by Lawrence Aragon
6. Jeffrey Bussgang: Five Lessons Entrepreneurs Can Learn from Navy SEALs, by Jeffrey Bussgang, Flybridge Capital Partners
8. The Good-But-Not-Great News About Venture Returns, by Connie Loizos
9. Jules Maltz Speeds to GP Post at IVP, by peHUB staff
10. UBS Adds Frisch to Tech Banking Team, by Nadia Damouni, Reuters
Jules Maltz has completed his rapid ascent at Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), having been named a general partner today after joining the firm as a VP three years ago. Maltz is the firm’s sixth GP, joining Todd Chaffee, Norm Fogelsong, Steve Harrick, Sandy Miller and Dennis Phelps. Maltz joined IVP in 2008 as a vice [...]