Nick Hanauer, a Seattle-based venture capitalist who was among the first investors in Amazon.com, is among a number of critics of GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney–despite his benefiting from economic policies the Republican candidate would likely support were he elected next month.
You are browsing the archive for Mitt Romney - peHUB.
How successful was Bain Capital under Mitt Romney’s leadership? The buyout shop invested $1.91 billion and realized $6.75 billion in proceeds, a multiple of 3.5x, peHUB has learned.
Gov. Mitt Romney picked up more supporters after the Supreme Court chose not to overturn President Obama’s healthcare law, according to our latest poll.
Given the heated reaction to today’s Supreme Court ruling on the healthcare law, we thought it would be a good time to revisit how peHUB readers are feeling about the presidential race. Have you changed your mind since we last polled you on the topic in May?
Asked to choose between the two leading candidates, 308 readers (or 55.9%) say Romney should be in charge, while 243 (44.1%) said President Barack Obama deserves a second term.
(Reuters) – President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign on Monday stepped up its criticism of Mitt Romney for cutting jobs when he was a business executive, despite a warning from a leading Obama supporter that the attacks have gone too far.
At the annual SuperReturn conference, many PE executives acknowledged they still had much to do to repair their image as unscrupulous corporate raiders.
GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney is expected to soon release personal finance statements, but I say, he ought to go ahead and do it with a little flair. Take the documents to Capitol Hill, dump them on the National Mall, and tell Congress “Here’s what you asked for: like I said, I pay about 15% [...]
Here are the 10 posts that garnered the most unique pageviews from peHUB’s regular readers from Jan. 9 to 13. Coming in at No. 1 was David Toll’s top 10 funds of funds list.
1. Returns Scorecard: 10 Top Funds of Funds – by David Toll
2. Venture-Backed IPO, M&A Markets Might Be Best Thought of as Above Average in 2011: Slideshow – by Mark Boslet
3. New York City Pensions Commit $880 Million to Four Funds – by Gregory Roth
4. Slideshow: Euro Venture Fundraising Takes a Tumble – by Angela Sormani
5. An MBA on Becoming Relevant to an Industry “That’s Doing Fine Without You” – by Connie Loizos
6. Slideshow: The Private Equity Exodus (subscribers only) – by Angela Sormani
7. New Buyout Shop In Philly? – by Bernard Vaughan
8. Carlyle Founders See Big Payday in 2011 – by Greg Roumeliotis, Reuters
9. Sixpoint’s Zoller Fundraising Tips for GPs: Talk to Your LPs and Have a Plan Before You Market – by Luisa Beltran
10. Under Romney, Bain Generated Major Gains and Some Busts, WSJ Says; Plus “When Mitt Romney Came to Town” Video – by Luisa Beltran