Kenn Lee has left advisory shop TorreyCove Capital Partners after nearly six years to join Cheyenne Capital, a firm looking to parlay its success building and harvesting a private-equity portfolio for the state of Wyoming into a larger business, sister magazine Buyouts reported.
You are browsing the archive for New Jersey State Investment Council - peHUB.
New Jersey Buys Into Khosla’s New Fund, Sees Its Venture Portfolio Rise In Value Last Year: Slideshow
Last year, the state’s investment council committed to three new funds: Khosla Ventures IV, Tenaya Capital VI and General Catalyst Group VI, according to a December 2011 investment report.
American Industrial Partners is set to close its fifth buyout fund, possibly as early as this week, Buyouts reported earlier Monday, citing two sources. The New York-based shop will close the fund at its hard cap of $700 million, $200 million ahead of target, the sources said. The fundraise is impressive considering, according to the [...]
Yet another batch of fresh private-equity return data has landed on our doorstep–in this case, from Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho. Earlier this summer we also found, for the first time, data from New Jersey State Investment Council and Texas County & District Retirement System. All told that makes about a dozen U.S. pensions that post detailed [...]
Top 10 Hub Posts this Week Focus on VC Fundraising, Quattrone’s Qatalyst Partners and Worries About Rising Startup Valuations
Time to catch up what your peers found most interesting on peHUB this week. Here are the top 10 posts that garnered the most pageviews from regular readers from July 11 to July 15. Hot topics include the top 10 VC fundraisers for Q2, the sizzling year for Frank Quattrone’s Qatalyst Partners, New Jersey’s top-performing funds, Greycroft’s newest partner and worries about rising startup valuations.
1. Slideshow: Top 10 Largest VC Fundraisings for Q2, by Lawrence Aragon, peHUB
2. Slideshow: Quattrone Is Back with a Vengeance; His Qatalyst Partners Has Advised PopCap, GoDaddy and 11 Others this Year, by Luisa Beltran, peHUB
3. Slideshow: New Jersey’s Top-Performing Funds, by David Toll, peHUB
4. Slideshow: Most Active VC Firms to Date in 2011(subscribers only), by Alastair Goldfisher, peHUB
5. Greycroft Partners Adds a New VC: Ellie Wheeler, by Connie Loizos, peHUB
6. What is the Sound of a Bubble About to Pop?, by Scott Maxwell, OpenView Venture Partners
7. Analysis: Doubt Creeps into Tech Valuations at Sun Valley, by Sarah McBride and Yinka Adegoke, Reuters
8. Shamrock Capital Raises $400 Mln With Third Fund, by peHUB staff
9. Analysis: Young Startups Demand Steeper Prices from VCs, by Sarah McBride, Reuters
10. Divide Between Venture ‘Haves’ and ‘Have-Nots’ Gets Bigger, by Connie Loizos, peHUB
The New Jersey State Investment Council, which faces a significant unfunded liability gap for the pension funds it manages, appears to be looking to alternative investments as one way to meet its obligations. Earlier this year, according to peHUB sister magazine Buyouts, the state raised its allocation cap on alternative investments — including private equity, [...]