Some links to kick off your Wednesday:
* Venture capitalists pumped $2.6 billion into U.S. cleantech companies in the first three quarters of 2007, according to data released this morning by Thomson Financial and the National Venture Capital Association. Download the info: CleanTech1.pdf
* The FT (briefly) argues that Virgin should join the UK “Private Equity Code” proposed by David Walker. Maybe so, but I’d be focusing on U.S.-based buyout shops first.
* VentureBeat is the latest to report that News Corp. is looking to acquire LinkedIn, a VC-backed social network for business folk. But it would have to be for a “helluva lot” (i.e., more than $1 billion).
* The hidden M&A deal for Affiliated Computer Services.
* Finally, some depressing news from my home state: Massachusetts has been next-to-last in job creation over the past few years. Wonder if that will turn up in the next Romney ad…