* Venture Pessimists: VC confidence falls for the fifth consecutive quarter.
* Attachmate CEO Jeff Hawn will be in a Colorado court today, awaiting sentencing for having illegally slayed bison.
* Maureen Dowd: Wall Street’s socialist jet-setters.
* BreakingViews: Who needs the US government to create a “bad bank,” when it’s got Bank of America?
* Soros at Davos. Also just heard on CNBC that he said the U.S. should expect just 3% growth over the next decade. Didn’t sound like he was talking annualized…
* Feld and Kedrosky ban handshakes. I’m going to see Brad at VCIR in March. That gives me about six weeks to choose my favored greeting (hug, fist bump, low five…).