* Ardian Inc., a Palo Alto, Calif.-based developer of a medical device to treat congestive heart failure, has secured $30 million of a $60 million venture round, according to a regulatory filing. Listed shareholders include return backers Advanced Technology Ventures, Morgenthaler Ventures and St. Paul Venture Capital. It had previously raised over $18 million.
* Maskless Lithography Inc. of San Jose, California has raised around $29.5 million in Series A funding, according to a regulatory filing. Backers include TL Ventures and U.S. Venture Partners. The company does not yet have a working website.
* Potbelly Corp., a Chicago-based quick-service sandwich shop chain, has secured $10.6 million of a $20 million Series F round, according to a regulatory filing. Backers include Benchmark Capital, Maveron LLC and Oak Investment Partners. The company previously raised around $116 million since 2001. www.potbelly.com
* Return Path Inc., a New York-based provider of email management solutions, has raised nearly $6 million in Series E-2 funding, according to a regulatory filing. Listed backers include Union Square Ventures, Mobius Venture Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures and Western Technology Investments. The company previously raised around $40 million. www.returnpath.com
* Geni Inc., a West Hollywood, Calif.-based tool for understanding and staying in touch with your family, has raised $5 million in Series C funding, according to a regulatory filing. Return backers include Charles River Ventures and Founders Fund. It had previously raised around $11.5 million. www.geni.com
* GoodGuide Inc., a San Francisco-based provider of information on the health, environmental and social impacts of products and companies, has raised $3.73 million in Series A funding, according to a regulatory filing. Backers include Draper Fisher Jurvetson and New Enterprise Associates. www.goodguide.com