* Caroline Baum: “New normal” was the most overused phrase of 2009, followed by “unprecedented,” “exit strategy” and “green shoots.”
* TriZetto Group offers to buy Canopy Financial’s assets for $6.1 million
* Chris Nelder: What if the Energy Information Administration Outlook were written by an honest person?
* Brad Feld: The downsides of large VC syndicates
* Michael Karnjanaprakorn: A 50k foot view of the New York startup scene, whose emergence is one of the main entrepreneurial storylines of 2009.
* Need a new iPhone game? How about Bailout Wars, where the goal is to defend the White House from Wall Streeters looking for cash (imagine 1600 Penn Ave. as a castle, and the bankers as barbarians at the gate).
STEPHANOPOULOS: You said earlier that some of the banks get it. Which ones don’t?
GEITHNER: That’s not a judgment for me to make or I want to share you — share…
STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, you’re going to make it. You’re just not going to share it.
GEITHNER: However, I don’t think I’ll share that with you, no.
* Another day, another startup incubator
* 2010 M&A outlook, with Alan Alpert of Deloitte and Bob Filek of PwC: