* HubSpot’s Dharmesh Shah: 9 quick tips learned while raising $33 million in venture capital
* Sorkin hedges a bit on his criticism of the recent HCA dividend, letting an analyst report titled “Shell Game” draw most of the blood.
* Google is expected to roll out its Twitter killer today, but Nicholas Carson (correctly) says it needs to play nice with Twitter (and Facebook) in order to succeed. Also: Dave Winer gives his wishlist for what Google’s service could/should offer and Scoble thinks Twitter and Facebook will be just fine.
* Fighting words from Liu Lefei, chairman of private equity for China’s CITIC Capital: “Local funds will replace foreign investors in the future.”
* Do these charts prove that “too big to fail” is alive and well?
* Philip Augar: A better way (than the Volcker rules) to break up the banks
* Speaking of the Volcker rules, Dick Bove chimes in: