Index Ventures has raised a new VC fund to invest $700 million from its UK and its new San Francisco offices. The fund will operate as a growth fund and invest internationally. Prior Index Ventures investments include Dropbox, Songkick, Etsy and Boku.
Index Ventures announces the closing of a new €500m ($700m) fund to invest in fast-growing global businesses
With a new €500m ($700m) Growth fund to invest in fast-growing businesses and the opening of a San Francisco office, Index is opening a new chapter. The new Growth fund will:
– Make equity investments in the range of €10M and €50M in fast-growing companies, providing not only additional capital for investment, but also access to Index’s international platform to enable growth.
– Invest in emerging leaders with international ambitions, e.g. From Europe to US or vice versa.
– Continue to focus on themes aligned with Index’s core expertise.
– Extend Index Ventures’ proven track record in creating global category leaders, e.g. Skype, MySQL, Playfish and RPX.
Index Ventures: a snapshot of last 12 months activity:
Exits & Investments
• More than 15 exits, including significant IPOs like Betfair and RPX and major trade sales like Cloud.com, Lovefilm and Gluster;
• 48 new investments including Adyen, Dropbox, Factual, Housetrip, Lookout, Soluto and Soundcloud;
• 55 follow-on investments including Alertme, Big Switch, Boku, Criteo, Flipboard, Just Eat, Mind Candy, OpenX, Ozon, People per Hour, Photobox, Rightscale and Songkick.
Across broad range of themes, including:
• Marketplaces including etsy, Funding Circle, Housetrip, Kaggle, PeopleperHour.
• Payments including Adyen, Boku, iZettle.
• Cloud including Cloud.com, Erply, Gluster, Mimecast and Right Scale.
• Mobile including Path, Lookout, Fon, Flipboard and Rebtel.
• Fashion including ASOS, Privalia, editd, Stylelistpick.
Across every stage:
• first money into 29 seed concepts
• helping to develop 57 venture investments
• acceleration of 15 growth businesses
Including some very high-profile deals such as leading the recent Dropbox & iZettle financings.
Active in key markets:
• Now have established physical presence in the world’s best tech startup hotbeds and launching pads:
◦ New office in San Francisco
◦ New office in East London (now East as well as West)
With new investments in 12 countries and active investments in core regions:
– currently in London includes Alertme, Mimecast, Moo, Moshi, Just Eat, Fuding Circle, One Fine Stay, Photobox, Housetrip, People per Hour, Songkick, Viagogo
– currently in Bay Area includes Dropbox, Path, Lookout, Flipboard, Assistly, Climate.com, Boku, RPX, Big Switch, Gluster
– currently in Europe & Israel includes Criteo (Paris), Soundcloud (Berlin), Adyen (Amsterdam), Privalia (Barcelona), Moleskine (Milan), Ozon & Babyboom (Moscow), MyHeritage & Soluto (Tel Aviv), Fon (Madrid), Stardoll, Rebtel& iZettle (Stockholm) and Erply (Tallin)
– plus in US outside of Bay Area includes Rightscale & Sonos (Santa Barbara), OpenX, Adconion & Factual (LA), Chartbeat, Shapeways, Squarespace, Stack Exchange & Etsy (NYC)
Find new deal opportunities, super-charge your fundraising efforts and track top managers with VCJ. Get your FREE trial! Or subscribe now!Get your FREE trial or subscribe now to Buyouts to find new deal opportunities, super-charge your fundraising efforts and track top managers.
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.