This week, peHUB thought it would be of interest to showcase the position of senior investment officer, private equity at the $49.2 billion Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board (PRIM).
The pension fund is currently hiring for two senior investment officers for private equity and for hedge funds, which are advertised on the fund’s website. Buyouts’ Greg Roth reported on Wednesday that the pension fund – at its Investment Committee Meeting on Tuesday – voted to recommend the pension’s executive director Michael Trotsky take on the additional role of chief investment officer. The committee’s recommendation is set for a final board vote on October, 2. Roth reported Trotsky has been serving as interim chief investment officer since last June following the departure of Stanley Mavromates Jr. If the appointment is set in stone, it may help spur on applications to the vacant SIO positions as potential candidates will have more clarity in who they are reporting to.
The senior investment officer for private equity is responsible for the oversight of board’s $5.8 billion private equity and value added fixed income portfolios. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing strategy, generating deal flow, conducting due diligence and recommending investments for US and international venture capital, leveraged buyout and distressed debt limited partnerships. The senior investment officer is also responsible for monitoring the PRIM Board’s 235 limited partnerships. Prominent private equity and venture capital funds in the portfolio to be managed include household names such as Advent International, Blackstone, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, GTCR, Menlo Ventures, Permira, Thomas H. Lee Partners and Union Square Ventures. The successful candidate will also have supervisory responsibilities for investment officers and investment analysts focused on private equity.
To find out more about the position and to apply scroll down below:
***Job of the Week***
Job Title: Senior Investment Officer, Private Equity
Pension Fund: Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board
Location: Boston, MA
Responsibilities and Duties (as cited via Massachusetts PRIM website):
The senior investment officer is responsible for management of the private equity portfolio and works with the investment consultant, the investment committee and the PRIM Board to develop the overall strategy of the private equity and value added fixed income portfolios. The successful candidate will:
– supervise a private equity staff of three investment professionals focused on private equity and value added fixed income
– lead and manage PRIM’s due diligence efforts in private equity and value added fixed income and assume responsibility for allocating the team resources
– serves as a lead representative on partnership due diligence
– serve as the primary contact for PRIM’s private equity and value added fixed income managers
– assume Responsibility for investment monitoring of assigned partnerships including CRM posts, update meetings, key relationship reviews, and attendance of partnership annual meeting.
– supervise all administrative and investment related issues of the private equity and value added fixed income investment portfolios
– be required to travel frequently both domestically and internationally
The senior investment officer reports to the chief investment officer.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
For more private equity and venture capital job opportunities head over to the peHUB Careers website co-hosted with eFinancialCareers
Image credit: Job vacancy image courtesy of Shutterstock
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.