Founded in 2000, Intellectual Ventures describes itself as “building a market for invention by making invention a profitable activity.”
The business has over $5 billion under management and more than 40,000 intellectual property assets in active monetization programs. Investors in the business include a mix of Fortune 500 companies, individuals and institutions.
Intellectual Ventures currently has over 800 team members worldwide, around 4000 active inventors and 400 universities and institutions in its international network. It is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. With global offices in Austin, Bangalore, Beijing, Dublin, Seoul, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Vancouver, B.C.
The business is currently seeking a “highly skilled, motivated and experienced” director, business development. The position reports to the vice president of OCTO business development and there will be some travel domestically and internationally.
According to the company, the new director will “drive business development for a new strategic offering aimed at creating clusters of innovation companies in partnership with governments, primarily in the context of megaprojects deployed in new city developments.”
Intellectual Ventures lists some of the core responsibilities of the role as:
• Setting up and closing strategic deals with governments and partners for new innovation ecosystem projects.
• Ownership of lead generation, major transaction development, strategy, negotiation and execution, including post-deal strategy and relationship management.
• Identification and hiring of local and/or domain expert resources for specific project opportunities.
According to Intellectual Ventures, the successful candidate will be “an accomplished executive with an extensive background in business development, strategy and product management in high tech sector electronics, government, technology, software, media or ecommerce.”
Intellectual Ventures is looking for an individual with:
• 10+ years relevant experience in Business Development/Strategy in major infrastructure development or economic development strategic planning and consulting.
• Proven track record of initiating, developing and closing complex deals.
• Applicable and relevant work experience with technical, government, business, law and finance experts in a transaction context.
• Superior leadership, relationship building and deal making skills.
• Extensive international experience with emphasis on Asia Pacific regions strongly preferred.
Key qualifications are cited as BA/BS required technical degree and/or advanced graduate degree.
If you think you are the right candidate for the job click here to apply and for further information on the role.
For more private equity job opportunities head over to the peHUB career center, co-hosted with eFinancialCareers.com
Image credit: Photo of courtesy of Shutterstock
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.