This week peHUB is highlighting a position at global investment management firm Partners Group. The firm is advertising on its website for a junior investment manager, private equity based in São Paulo, Brazil.
According to Partners Group, the successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing, assessing, executing, monitoring and exiting private equity investments.
The role involves “proactively sourcing investment opportunities from the Partners Group network and industry contacts for direct investments into companies as well as private equity funds; assessing the attractiveness of investment opportunities through strategic, operational, organizational, financial, legal and tax due diligence; structuring and negotiating the detailed terms of transaction documentation and conducting various ad hoc supporting tasks including market research and fundraising, whilst collaborating effectively with investment teams in other asset classes.”
Partners Group is looking for a professional who works well in an entrepreneurial organization, is a self-starter and possesses strong people and organization skills.
The successful candidate should have the following profile (according to the Partners Group website):
▪ Top academic credentials, with emphasis on business, accounting, finance and/or mathematics. An MBA from a top school is also desirable.
▪ Over five years of work experience, with at least two years of relevant experience in the private equity industry with a leading player, and a strong desire to learn and succeed
▪ Excellent interpersonal and written communication, able to engage and motivate others across all levels of seniority, from business owners and CEOs to junior staff
▪ Thorough quantitative and modeling skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify and assess value drivers in complex business situations
▪ Excellent command of the Portuguese and English language (both written and verbal), Spanish desirable
▪ A self-directed person, able to manage effectively and complete tasks in demanding timelines and with competing priorities
▪ Highest work ethics and professional demeanor
For some background on the Brazilian private equity universe if you’re interested in applying for this position data provider Preqin reveals Brazil is home to some 42 private equity fund managers. Seventy-one percent of these managers are located in Sao Paulo, with a further 21 percent based in Rio de Janeiro. The remaining fund managers are located in Belo Horizonte, Florianópolis and Porto Alegre. These private equity firms have raised $14.1 billion over the last ten years and have an estimated $7 billion available in dry powder, according to Preqin. The three largest private equity firms headquartered in Brazil by aggregate capital raised over the last decade are BTG Pactual, Gávea Investimentos and Patria Investimentos, cites Preqin.
And according to a recent Reuters report, UK-based private equity fund manager 3i also wants to launch a $500 million fund next year in Brazil.
Partners Group has around 25 billion euros ($20 billion) in investment programs under management in private equity, private debt, private real estate and private infrastructure. The firm is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland and has offices in San Francisco, New York, São Paulo, London, Guernsey, Paris, Luxembourg, Munich, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo and Sydney.
If you are keen to apply for the above position, please apply here.
For further private equity-related job opportunities head over to the peHUb career centre co-hosted with eFinancialCareers.
Image credit: Photo of ladder to the top courtesy of Shutterstock