National Technical Systems, a portfolio company of Aurora Capital Group, has acquired Wyle Labs‘ testing business. No financial terms were disclosed.
CALABASAS, Calif., March 19, 2014 — National Technical Systems, Inc. (“NTS”), the leading independent provider of environmental simulation testing, inspection, and certification solutions in the United States, today announced that it has acquired the testing business of Wyle Laboratories, Inc. (“Wyle Labs”). Operating out of three state-of-the-art facilities, Wyle Labs’ testing business is a leader in environmental, dynamics, structural, EMI/EMC, fluid flow, and acoustics testing solutions, primarily serving the nuclear, space, and defense end markets. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Wyle Labs’ testing laboratories are located in Huntsville, Alabama, El Segundo, California, and San Bernardino, California and provide a diverse array of testing services, bringing significant new capabilities and geographic coverage to NTS’s national network of 25 laboratories.
· NTS Huntsville is the single largest independent environmental simulation testing lab in the country, boasting a strong presence in the aerospace, defense, nuclear, and voting systems industries for more than 50 years.
· NTS El Segundo is a renowned leader in the space and civil aviation markets and possesses a unique portfolio of highly customized equipment.
· NTS San Bernardino offers a highly specialized suite of testing, primarily for aerospace propulsion development, and specializes in rocket firing and high flow, high pressure fluid and cryogenic testing.
· These facilities will allow NTS to create “centers of excellence” with truly exceptional capabilities for nuclear and space testing in support of NTS’s mission to be the natural first choice for independent testing solutions.
NTS President and Chief Executive Officer William C. McGinnis said, “The addition of Wyle Labs’ testing business to the NTS network will enable us to exceed our customers’ needs and deliver the world-class independent solutions they deserve. Add-on acquisitions have always been an integral component of our strategy, and adding the Wyle testing assets to our portfolio of solutions is the latest example of the significant technological, personnel, and capital investments we are making to support our customers. We are confident that this combination enhances our position as the preeminent independent environmental simulation testing, inspection, and certification provider in North America, and we welcome the Wyle team to NTS.”
Keith Wilson, General Manager of the Huntsville, Alabama facility, said, “We are excited to join the NTS family of testing labs. This is a terrific opportunity for our employees, customers, and our company as NTS is a recognized leader that allows us to enhance our testing capabilities and breadth of service offering for both new and existing customers. NTS has an excellent reputation in many of the industries we currently serve, and we look forward to working as a team to provide best-in-class testing solutions to our customers across the country.”
NTS is a portfolio company of Aurora Capital Group, which acquired NTS in a take-private transaction in November 2013. Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP served as legal advisor to NTS.
About National Technical Systems
National Technical Systems, Inc. (“NTS”) is the leading independent provider of environmental simulation testing, inspection, and certification services in the United States, principally serving the civil aviation, space, defense, nuclear, and telecommunications end markets. During its more than 50 years in business, NTS has built the broadest geographic presence and sole national footprint in the United States, an unparalleled breadth of capabilities, and has fostered continuous innovation, making NTS a unique one-stop resource to meet its clients’ demanding and evolving requirements. Operating through a network of 25 technologically advanced testing laboratories across the United States, this geographically diverse footprint puts NTS facilities in close proximity to its more than 4,000 clients, allowing NTS to serve the nation’s most innovative companies with industry-leading accessibility and responsiveness. NTS offers testing in more than 70 distinct categories, including environmental, structural, dynamics, fluid flow, EMI/EMC, lightning, product safety, acoustics, and other industry-specific tests, allowing it to handle its clients’ most demanding needs. Additionally, the company is accredited by numerous national and international organizations, which allows NTS to have its test data nearly universally accepted worldwide. For additional information about NTS, visit our website at www.nts.com or call 800-270-2516.
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.