SunTrust Robinson Humphrey has hired four finance industry executives to its capital markets team. The firm hired Ron Caldwell and Akis Psarris as managing directors, and Ricardo Simon and Matt Holbrook as directors. Caldwell joins SunTrust Robinson as head of Healthcare Syndicated & Leveraged Finance after 14 years at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Psarris has joined the firm’s Liability Management practice from Lloyds Bank. Simon, who will head up SunTrust Robinson’s Commercial Real Estate & REIT Syndicated Finance practice, came from Wells Fargo, and Holbrook joins the Syndicated & Leveraged Finance group from Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (STRH) today announced the addition of four highly regarded finance industry veterans to its capital markets team. Ron Caldwell and Akis Psarris have joined as managing directors, while Ricardo Simon and Matt Holbrook have joined as directors. The new hires bring a broad range of specialized experience across industry sectors, further deepening STRH’s capabilities in providing clients with top quality insights and tailored debt solutions.
“The ongoing investment in our corporate debt platform is part of our strategy to deliver tailored solutions that serve the evolving needs of our clients,” said Mark Huffstetler, head of Capital Markets Origination at STRH. “These hires complement our expertise across the banking, origination, sales & trading and research platform who work together to meet the needs of our clients.”
Chris Wood, head of Syndicated & Leveraged Finance at STRH, added, “We remain committed to providing our clients with the highest quality industry expertise, along with executional excellence. As evidenced by numerous transactions this year, our clients are rewarding this strategy. Ron, Akis, Rico and Matt bring vast and deep experience that will further enhance our ability to provide clients with relevant insights and seamless execution to meet their specific needs.”
· Ron Caldwell joins STRH as head of Healthcare Syndicated & Leveraged Finance. Caldwell spent the previous 14 years with Bank of America Merrill Lynch as part of a growing healthcare leveraged finance team. During his tenure with BAML, Caldwell was responsible for originating and executing leveraged loan, bridge and high yield transactions supporting corporate and sponsor clients in various sub-sectors of healthcare.
· Akis Psarris will head STRH’s Liability Management practice. Psarris joins STRH from Lloyds Bank, U.K. where he was a managing director in the Debt Capital Markets group. Prior to Lloyds, Psarris was a managing director at JPMorgan where he spent 11 years in its U.S. Debt Capital Markets group as head of Liability Management. His prior experience includes advising corporations, financial institutions and sovereign clients in the United States, Europe and Latin America on debt financing, restructuring and derivative transactions.
· Ricardo Simon will head STRH’s Commercial Real Estate & REIT Syndicated Finance practice. Prior to joining STRH, Simon was a director in the Real Estate Syndicated Finance group at Wells Fargo. His experience includes working with clients who required debt financing for recapitalizations, project loans and mergers & acquisitions.
· Matt Holbrook joins STRH’s Syndicated & Leveraged Finance group after 10 years in Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Leveraged Finance team in Charlotte, where he was most recently responsible for originating and structuring debt financings for consumer and retail clients.
About SunTrust Robinson Humphrey
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey provides comprehensive capital raising, strategic advisory, risk management and investment solutions to serve the needs of corporate clients across the nation. Debt & equity underwriting, research, loan syndications, municipal securities, sales & trading and merger & acquisition advisory services are offered by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc., member FINRA and SIPC. Cash management, loans and loan related products, foreign exchange and risk management products and services are offered by SunTrust Bank, member FDIC. SunTrust Robinson Humphrey has extensive experience working with public and private companies of all sizes – from emerging growth to the Fortune 500. While it offers a complete array of solutions and advice for companies across all industries, it provides in-depth industry expertise and dedicated corporate and investment banking practices for certain core sectors, including business services, financial sponsors, building products, healthcare, consumer and retail, media and communications, energy, transportation, financial services and technology and real estate.
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.