Aerohive Networks said Thursday that it has hired Stathis Papaefstathiou as senior vice president of engineering. Prior to joining Aerohive, Papaefstathiou worked at F5 Networks where he served as a vice president of product development. Based in Sunnyvale, Calif., Aerohive Networks is a provider of enterprise Wi-Fi solutions. Its backers include Northern Light Venture Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Four Rivers Group, Institutional Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates.
Sunnyvale, Calif. — Sept. 4, 2014 —Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market,today announced that it has appointed a new senior vice president (SVP) of engineering to lead the company’s continual innovation efforts in the Wi-Fi and networking industry.
· Stathis Papaefstathiou has joined as SVP of engineering with the task of defining and executing Aerohive’s core product strategy—instrumental as Aerohive continues to face accelerating demand for its controller-less Wi-Fi solutions in the crowded networking market.
· With over two dozen patents under his belt, Stathis brings his diverse research, product development and engineering skillset to Aerohive. He joins Aerohive from his position as vice president of product development at F5 Networks, an application delivery networking company. There, Stathis defined the strategy for dynamic datacenters, cloud, virtualization and introduced that company’s core management platform and product line.
· Prior to F5 Networks, Stathis held a number of technical and senior management positions at Microsoft in the areas of distributed operating systems, datacenter automation, and robotics. Stathis began his career in Greece, working on a variety of projects ranging from Unix system programming to managing the R&D department of a startup software house.
· Holding a Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of Warwick in the U.K., Stathis leverages his extensive research background to align research technologies with real-world product needs. A seasoned technologist, Stathis holds numerous patents across robotics, security, distributed networks, connected devices and has published dozens of scientific papers in esteemed journals.
· As SVP of engineering, Stathis will drive the rapid innovation and delivery of Aerohive’s unique controller-less Wi-Fi technology as the company quickly scales. Aerohive has experienced significant demand for its industry-leading enterprise Wi-Fi access points as the market evolves for the Internet of Things (IoT) and mobile-first enterprises of today.
“As we strive to lead the Wi-Fi market with our unique controller-less technology, the rapid growth of our business means evolving demands for our engineering team. Rising market demand is important, but even more essential is the consistent delivery of industry-leading solutions,” said David Flynn, chief executive officer, Aerohive Networks. “As such, Stathis will be a key force in ensuring the continual innovation of our products—the foundation of our success. With his passion for applying cutting-edge technologies to real-world problems and business, I’m confident that Stathis will take our product delivery capabilities to the next level.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 16,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive’s proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.