Malwarebytes said Thursday it raised $50 million in Series B funding from Fidelity Management and Research Company. San Jose, California-based Malwarebytes provides advanced malware prevention and remediation solutions.
SAN JOSE, Calif. – January 21, 2016 – Malwarebytes™, the leading advanced malware prevention and remediation solution, today announced a $50 million Series B funding round from Fidelity Management and Research Company.*
Malwarebytes surpassed $100 million in annualized billings in 2015 and achieved its 31st consecutive cash flow positive quarter. Revenues grew by more than 120 percent driven by rapid enterprise expansion. Founded in 2008 by Marcin Kleczynski, the company was bootstrapped until raising a $30 million Series A funding round in July 2014, led by Highland Capital Partners.
“Malware is an epidemic attacking businesses and governments worldwide, as evidenced by recent high profile breaches,” said Marcin Kleczynski, CEO of Malwarebytes. “Of course, it’s an honor to be backed by Fidelity – the same company that has backed disruptive, high-growth privately held technology companies like Uber, Airbnb and SpaceX. Our unique business model has allowed us to attain rapid growth while driving consistent profitability and cash flow. We will continue to hire more talented engineers to help us fight malware and accelerate Malwarebytes’ strategic sales, marketing and future product initiatives in our fast growing enterprise business.”
Malwarebytes protects millions of consumers and tens of thousands of businesses against malicious threats that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. In 2015, Malwarebytes software ran on 250 million unique endpoints worldwide.
• Learn more about Malwarebytes’ leading enterprise security solutions
• Read the latest Malwarebytes growth announcement
• V3 recently announced Marcin Kleczynski as their ‘Technology Hero of the Year’
• Independent testing laboratory AV-TEST gave Malwarebytes Anti-Malware the only perfect score for malware removal and damage repair
• Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit was recognized as a Finalist in the Best Vulnerability Management Category in the SC Magazine Awards
• CNET editors said Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is “Outstanding” and gave it 4.5 stars out of 5. CNET also ranks the software #1 in its Anti-Spyware category.
• PC Magazine made Malwarebytes Anti-Malware their Editor’s Choice and gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars
• According to OPSWAT, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is the most popular security product installed by users
*Fidelity is a global investment management firm based in Boston with $2 trillion USD in assets under management.
Malwarebytes protects consumers and businesses against malicious threats that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, the company’s flagship product, has a highly advanced heuristic detection engine that removed more than five billion malicious threats from computers worldwide. More than 70,000 SMBs and enterprise businesses worldwide trust Malwarebytes to protect their data. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California with offices in Europe, and a global team of researchers and experts. For more information, please visit us at www.malwarebytes.org.
Malwarebytes reflects the operating philosophy of its founder and CEO Marcin Kleczynski: to create the best disinfection and protection solutions to combat the world’s most harmful Internet threats. Marcin has been named to the 2015 Forbes 30 Under 30 Rising Stars of Enterprise Technology list and the Silicon Valley Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 award, adding those to a 2014 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.