ICX Media, which is building an on-demand platform for content creators, raised $2.5 million in a seed financing round led by Phil Herget, chairman at media services company Vubiquity. ICX is based in Washington, DC.
ICX Media today announced it has raised $2.5M in its seed financing round. The company is utilizing the initial investment to build a content distribution and data platform for independent video creators, brands and media companies. ICX Media is currently in private beta with numerous amateur and professional independent content creators.
ICX Media is led by a team of digital media veterans, including founders Michael Avon, Tom MacIsaac, Steven McCord and Joey McCord. Avon, CEO and Chairman, is also a venture partner at ABS Capital Partners and is formerly the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Executive Vice President at Millennial Media. MacIsaac was previously CEO at Verve Mobile, Extend Media and Lightningcast. Steven McCord, Chief Technology Officer, and Joey McCord, Chief Product Officer, previously led technology and product, respectively, at Millennial Media.
ICX Media is building an on-demand platform to serve the needs of amateur and professional independent content creators, as well as media companies and brands. For independent video creators, the ICX Media platform simplifies the process of producing, distributing and marketing digital video content, helping creators find larger audiences for their videos and, ultimately, make more money from their content. For media companies and brands, the platform enables more efficient sourcing, licensing and distribution of compelling digital video content produced by independent creators. The company’s sophisticated data analytics engine uses machine learning to match specific content to audiences, enabling more precise marketing and stronger monetization for quality content.
“The next battlefront for video content extends across web, mobile and connected TV channels and apps such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and digital brand platforms such as Amazon, Vimeo, Vessel, Hulu and Netflix,“ said Michael Avon, Chairman and CEO, ICX Media. “We are building technology and data-driven solutions to address the unique challenges and opportunities this evolving industry has for independent content creators. Our platform will also enable media companies and brands to find, license and distribute highly-desired digital content more seamlessly.”
“At its core, ICX Media is democratizing content,” said Tom MacIsaac, founding ICX Media Board Member and former CEO Verve Mobile. “ICX Media is building the platform, tools and analytics for this ecosystem to publish, access and collaborate on content development, distribution and monetization across all addressable platforms – and provide a new level of transparency for creators and media companies alike.”
Lead investor and board member Phil Herget, former Co-Managing Partner at Columbia Capital and Chairman at advanced media services company Vubiquity, added: “I am incredibly excited to back such a talented team of media and technology executives who have more than 20 years of experience building robust digital, mobile and video platforms. I have worked with the founding team over many years and think that they are building a company that addresses a critical need in the digital video industry. The company’s strategy, technology and talent position ICX Media to lead the next wave of growth for the multi-billion dollar digital video market.”
ICX Media is based in the Nation’s Capital with additional presence in New York and Los Angeles. Home to media companies such as Vox Media, Discovery, National Geographic, PBS and Gannett, combined with strength in data analytics and digital marketing through companies such as Capital One, AOL, Videology and Millennial Media, the Washington, DC area has emerged as a strong, under-the-radar market for technology, data analytics and creative talent.
ICX Media’s investors and advisors are leaders from the media, data analytics, video and mobile industries, including:
- Phil Herget (Lead Investor & Board Member) – Former Co-Managing Partner, Columbia Capital, and Chairman of Vubiquity
● Darcy Antonellis – CEO of Vubiquity and former CTO of Warner Brothers
● Neustar Founders and Former Executives: Jeff Ganek, Robert Poulin and Mark Foster
● Point Judith Capital: David Martirano, Co-Founder and General Partner
● Brian O’Kelley – CEO and Founder of AppNexus and Co-Founder of Right Media
● Jay Markley – Board Member of Charter Communications, Chairman of BroadSoft, and former Board Member of Millennial Media
● Franklin Raines – Former CEO of Fannie Mae and Chairman of XAPPmedia
● Song Pak – EVP Operations and General Counsel of Revolution
● Pete Kaiman – Co-Founder, Kaiman Brothers
● Art Marks – Managing Partner at Valhalla Partners, Board Member of Vubiquity and Videology, former Board Member, Advertising.com
● Bobby Campbell – Founder, Good Wizard Productions, Former Founder and CEO of AdKarma and Division D
● Co-Founders of Blackbird Technologies and Razor’s Edge Ventures – Steve Pann and Peggy Styer
● Ted Prince – SVP, Information Services & Corporate Development, Neustar; former President, National Geographic Ventures & COO, Global Media; former SVP, Strategy & Development, AOL TimeWarner
● Jim Mollica – Head of Digital Marketing and Content, Under Armour; former SVP, Marketing, Viacom; former Global New Media Director, Disney
About ICX Media:
ICX Media is an entirely new kind of media company founded by a senior team of digital media veterans. We have developed a robust software and data platform that enables independent video content creators to find their audience and monetize their video content. The ICX Media platform allows content creators to produce, distribute and market their digital video content across web, mobile and connected TV channels and apps more efficiently. Visithttp://www.icxmedia.com for more information or follow us @icxmedia on Twitter.