Duet Group has beefed up its team with several new additions. Joining the London team are Fred Chima as managing director, Diamatho Doumbia as vice president and Kwinten van Nes as associate. Also, the firm has added Julio Roda as an industrial partner.
London, United Kingdom, 9 August 2018: Henry Gabay, CIO at Duet Private Equity Limited and CoFounder at Duet Group announced today the addition of 3 investment professionals to its existing team, as well as a one further industrial partner.
The continued expansion of the team follows recently completed transactions including the acquisition of a leading West-African beverage manufacturer, AJEAST Nigeria Limited, earlier this month.
The London based team are further supported by a team of 11 Industry, Country and Operating Partners allowing the firm to leverage a vast network of sector and local expertise.
• Fred Chima, Managing Director, joins Duet from Temasek where he was the senior executive leading the Africa & Middle East direct investments team in London. Fred was previously a Principal with Standard Chartered Bank’s Private Equity team and before that a senior M&A banker with Credit Suisse in New York. He brings to Duet more than 15years experience in emerging markets private equity and investment banking. Fred’s track record spans various sectors including consumer products, natural resources, telecom & tech, FIG, agribusiness and industrials. He sits on several portfolio company boards and will play a leading role in the growth of Duet’s Private Equity business.
• Diamatho Doumbia, Vice President, brings a 9-year track record spanning asset management, corporate finance advisory and, most recently, private investing in West Africa. Previously of L.A.T. Cleveson (LATC Group), a proprietary investing and holding company with interests in the marine logistics, agribusiness and consumer sectors in West Africa.
Diamatho was instrumental in the set-up of a $100m Marine logistics business servicing offshore oil & gas platforms. She will focus on Francophone Africa.
• Kwinten van Nes, Associate, joins Duet from The Abraaj Group, where he worked for two years in Lagos, Dubai and Mexico City focusing on healthcare and consumer sectors.
Previously Kwinten worked with FMO’s Private Equity team for financial institutions in Asia, and completed internships with 3i Group plc and Heineken in Nigeria.
Kwinten has an MSc in Finance from Stockholm School of Economics, and a BSc from Rotterdam School of Management. He will work to support the investment team across the full investment cycle.
Furthermore, the team recently welcomed the addition of Industrial Partner Julio Roda following the firms 1st transaction in Nigeria, and 6th investment in the FMCG sector in Sub Sahara Africa.
Julio Roda, Industrial Partner, Soft Beverages brings more than 25 years of experience in developing operations for Multinationals and private companies operating in the FMCG space, with his expertise lying in marketing and sales function. Most recently, Julio has been Head of Africa, Middle East and India for AJE group focusing on developing strategic initiatives plans and full responsibility for driving revenue. Prior to this, Julio was Deputy CEO for San Miguel Group with his primary responsibilities focusing on International market business unit as well as Marketing & Sales and Customer Service and Logistics. Julio spent 16 years at Pepsi Company in Spain in various roles including Head of operations and Head of Commercial activities. Julio has also operated as a consultant for private equity companies helping them design strategic plans for their portfolio companies as well as constructing transformation models that span a range of disciplines including brand positioning, channel development, Supply chain optimization and entry into new markets. Julio will be a Duet Board representative and industrial partner for Ajeast Nigeria Limited, the beverages transaction recently concluded by Duet in Nigeria.
Commenting on the new hires Henry Gabay, CIO at Duet Private Equity Limited and Co-Founder at Duet Group, said: ‘I am excited to welcome Fred, Diamatho and Kwinten to the DPEL investment team.
The firm continues to attract high calibre talent as part of our expansion plan. Each of them have skill sets which fully complement the existing team. Our latest industrial partner Julio Roda, who was Deputy CEO for San Miguel Group and spent 16 years at Pepsi Company, is a further asset to the team bringing expertise into our transactions in the FMCG space. We look forward to working together.’
For more information on Duet Private Equity Limited, please contact:
Harriet Menzies Investor Relations Duet Group E: [email protected]
About DUET PRIVATE EQUITY LIMITED Duet Private Equity’s investment team has built a strong track record of sourcing, structuring, executing, managing and creating value. Led by Gabay, the team’s innovative strategy is built on an entrepreneurial culture, backed by a best-in-class institutional structure. DPEL has the capacity to create and execute proprietary private equity transactions in select industries and sectors across Emerging- and Frontier Markets, as well as opportunistic Special Situations. DPEL maintains strategic partnerships with external industry experts, leveraging a vast network of local experience. Our Industrial Partners bring additional support to our investments and ensure that the highest standards of governance and operational oversight are incorporated at each stage of the transaction. Duet Private Equity Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Duet Group.
Take your pick!
- Buyouts delivers exclusive news and analysis about private equity deals, fundraising, top-quartile managers and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.
- VC Journal provides exclusive news and analysis about venture capital deals, fundraising, top-quartile investors and more. Get your FREE trial or subscribe now.