3i Sells Novotema Stake to AXA and Management

AXA Private Equity has acquired a stake in European rubber component manufacturer Novotema Group from 3i. Novotema’s management team also invested. Novotema is headquartered in Villongo, situated 60 km northeast of Milan, Italy.

PRESS RELEASE

AXA Private Equity, the leading European diversified private equity firm, has acquired a stake of 82.4% in Novotema Group, one of Europe’s leading rubber component manufacturers, from 3i. Novotema’s management team also invested, acquiring the remaining 17.6% of the business.
Novotema is headquartered in Villongo, situated 60 km northeast of Milan. The company designs and produces rubber components for applications in the automotive, medical, gas control and industrial sectors.
Founded in 1973, the Novotema Group currently employs 178 staff and generates the majority of its revenues in Germany (approximately 51%). The current management team, which has many years’ experience in multinational companies, will continue to manage the company after the investment from AXA Private Equity. In 2011, the Novotema Group posted revenues of more than €28 million. The foundations of future growth will be a stronger sales structure and an increased market presence. The Group, which entered into a joint venture in India with the TVS Group in 2007, also plans to grow in emerging markets.
Paolo Bergonzini, Managing Director and Manager of the Italian Small Cap Enterprise Capital team at AXA Private Equity, said: “Novotema is already a leader in its field and we look forward to supporting the Group as it continues to grow all over the world. We are well placed to provide Novotema with the necessary support for its future development, both domestically and internationally, through our significant industry experience and global presence.”
Costanzo Pederzani, Novotema Group CEO, added: “This investment will support our future growth, both in Italy and abroad, thanks to AXA Private Equity’s expertise and strong global support network.”

ABOUT AXA PRIVATE EQUITY
AXA Private Equity is a world leader in private equity, with assets of $28 billion managed or advised in Europe, North America and Asia. The company offers its investors a wide choice of funds covering the full range of asset classes: Funds of Funds (primary, early secondary and secondary), Direct Funds including Infrastructure, Small and Mid Market Enterprise Capital, Innovation & Growth, Co-Investment and Private Debt.
With offices in Paris, Frankfurt, New York, Singapore, Milan, London, Zurich, Vienna and Luxembourg, AXA Private Equity is committed to supporting companies in their long term growth by providing access to its international network. AXA Private Equity sets great store by the regularity and quality of its reporting on the performance of its funds and the performance of the companies in its portfolio, as a service to its investors.

ABOUT NOVOTEMA
Located in Villongo (Bergamo), near Lake Iseo, Novotema has many years of experience and research in the field of technical rubber items. Both customers and certification bodies alike recognise Novotema as a domestic and international leader in its sector.