Adams Street Partners promoted seven investment professionals to the level of partner. The newly promoted partners are Thomas Bremner, Joseph Goldrick, Doris Guo, Ross Morrison, Tobias True, Morgan Webber, and Michael Zappert, who were all formerly principals at Adams Street.
Chicago, February 17, 2016 — Adams Street Partners has announced that seven senior investment professionals were promoted to the level of Partner, effective January 1, 2016. Investment professionals Thomas Bremner, Joseph Goldrick, Doris Guo, Ross Morrison, Tobias True, Morgan Webber, and Michael Zappert were all formerly Principals at Adams Street.
Managing Partner Jeff Diehl commended these individuals on their performance and dedication to the firm, and highlighted Adams Street’s commitment to supporting the growth of high-performing investment professionals across the global offices.
“We are an employee-owned partnership that values integrity, intelligence, initiative and accountability. These characteristics produce results for our investors and they have been a hallmark of our firm throughout our 43-year history. Our seven new partners have demonstrated these characteristics and I would like to congratulate them on their well-deserved promotions to partner.”
Below is a brief biography of the newly promoted Partners:
Thomas Bremner – Venture/Growth Equity, Chicago
- Tom invests in venture and growth-oriented companies with a focus on the healthcare space.
- Tom has a BS from the University of Dayton, and a MBA (with high honors) from the University of Chicago, Booth School of Business. Tom is a Chartered Financial Analyst, and member of the CFA Institute.
- Tom joined Adams Street in 2013.
Joseph Goldrick – Secondary Investments, Chicago
- Joe is responsible for all aspects of the North American and Latin American secondary business, including strategy, investments, fundraising and portfolio construction.
- Joe has a BBA (summa cum laude) from the University of Notre Dame, and a MBA from the University of Chicago, Booth School of Business.
- Joe joined Adams Street in 2006.
Doris Guo – Primary Investments, Beijing
- Doris focuses on the Greater China region, and is involved in all aspects of the primary investment process, including strategy, investments, fundraising and portfolio construction.
- Doris has a BE from the University of Shanghai for Science and Technology. She is also a member of the Chinese Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Doris joined Adams Street in 2012.
Ross Morrison – Primary Investments, London
- Ross focuses on the European Primary portfolio including the UK, the Nordic Region and Israel. He also covers Venture Capital as well as Emerging Europe and Africa.
- Ross has a BSc (with honors) from the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne. Ross is a Chartered Accountant and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland.
- Ross joined Adams Street in 2010.
Tobias True – Advanced Analytics, Chicago
- Toby is responsible for applying his advanced analytical capabilities to support activities related to performance attribution and portfolio risk management utilized in the firm’s client service and investment processes.
- Toby has a BS from Duke University, and a MBA (with high distinction) from the University of Michigan. Toby is a Chartered Financial Analyst, a member of the CFA Institute, the CFA Society of Chicago and the Global Association of Risk Professionals.
- Toby joined Adams Street in 2012.
Morgan Webber – Primary Investments, Boston
- Morgan focuses on the US portfolio, covering small to mid-market managers with a focus on healthcare and consumer funds. Morgan also maintains relationships with minority and women-owned managers.
- Morgan has a BA from the University of Wisconsin, where she made the Dean’s List. She also has a MBA from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
- Morgan joined Adams Street in 2011.
Michael Zappert – Venture/Growth Equity, Menlo Park
- Mike is responsible for sourcing and leading expansion and late stage venture capital investments in the Big Data, cloud, SaaS and mobile sectors.
- Mike has a BA from Stanford University, where he graduated with honors and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He also has a MS from Stanford University.
- Mike joined Adams Street in 2009.
About Adams Street Partners
Adams Street Partners is one of the largest and most established private markets firms in the world. Adams Street first commenced their investment program in 1972, and is credited with establishing the first private equity fund of funds for institutional investors. The Firm currently has 140 employees and approximately $27 billion of assets under management across the primary, secondary, venture/growth, private credit and co-investment markets. Adams Street has offices in Chicago, London, Menlo Park, New York, Singapore, Beijing and Tokyo.