Altaris to acquire a majority stake in Solesis

Altaris Capital has agreed to acquire a 51 percent stake in Solesis while Michelin will retain the remaining 49 percent stake.

Altaris Capital has agreed to acquire a 51 percent stake in Solesis while Michelin will retain the remaining 49 percent stake. No financial terms were disclosed. Solesis is a provider of biomaterials for the life sciences industry.

PRESS RELEASE

New York, NY – April 15, 2021 – Altaris Capital Partners, LLC (collectively with its affiliates, “Altaris”) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Michelin to acquire a 51% stake of Solesis, Inc. (“Solesis”). Following closing of the transaction, Michelin will retain a 49% stake in Solesis and will work alongside Altaris to build Solesis as an independent company. As part of this transaction, Solesis and Michelin will form a research partnership to develop complex polymers for life sciences and medical technology applications. The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter, subject to customary closing conditions.

Founded in 2002, Solesis is a market leader specializing in biomaterials for the life sciences industry. Operating through three subsidiaries, The Secant Group, Charter Medical and SanaVita Medical, Solesis develops, manufactures and sells critical components for implantable medical devices and single-use technologies for the biopharmaceutical market, including cell and gene therapies. Based in the United States, Solesis employs 360 people across four production facilities located in Pennsylvania and North Carolina.

Altaris is an investment firm focused exclusively on the healthcare industry. Altaris targets companies that deliver value to the healthcare system by improving patient outcomes, eliminating unnecessary costs, increasing efficiency and aligning stakeholder incentives. Since inception in 2003, Altaris has made more than 40 platform investments. Altaris has $5.2 billion of equity capital under active management and is headquartered in New York, NY. For more information, please visit www.altariscap.com.