Arcano unveils new PE secondaries fund

Arcano Asset Management has launched its new private equity secondaries fund.

Arcano Asset Management has launched its new private equity secondaries fund. The target size of Arcano Secondary Fund XIV is 300 million euros. The fund will focus especially on Europe and the U.S.


Madrid, October 1st – Arcano Asset Management announced today the launch of its new private equity fund: Arcano Secondary Fund XIV. This fund, aimed institutional and private banking investors, is going to invest at least 80% in operations in the secondary market and will be able to dedicate up to the remaining 20% to direct co-invests in companies. The fund’s goal is to invest globally, with a particular focus on Europe and the United States, in managers who are specialized in the middle market and in specific sectors or geographic areas. The aim of this strategy is that the fund manager gets the best yield-risk combination by taking advantage of the flow of opportunities with attractive prices, due to the current situation of uncertainty caused by Covid-19.

Arcano Secondary Fund XIV is the fourth generation of its secondary market program, after the success of Arcano Secondary Fund (2011), Arcano Secondary Fund II (2014) and Arcano Capital X (2016). The fund has a target size of 300 million euros, in line with the predecessor vehicles, allowing the manager to shorten deadlines for investment and capital return, while continuing to invest in market operations of a level that the large global funds does not fit. Arcano adapts its funds to market opportunities and investors’ needs without being conditioned by the wide investment cycles and level of major funds.

With the launch of this new fund, Arcano strengthens its position as a benchmark manager in Europe in the alternative assets market, where the company has more than 6,700 million euros managed and advised in private equity, credit, infrastructure, venture capital and real estate. In addition, Arcano positions itself as one of the leaders in the growing and changing private equity secondaries market, offering flexible and value-added solutions, both for investors seeking liquidity and for managers who are looking for solutions to recapitalize their funds or their invested companies.

“We are very proud to announce the launch of a new private equity fund, the fourteenth of Arcano Capital, and more in the current context. We are convinced that, with the team and track-record that we have in Private Equity, Arcano Secondary Fund XIV will take advantage of the market opportunities that are developing in order to achieve very attractive returns”, commented José Luis Del Río, Partner and Managing Director of Arcano Capital.

“In the current economic situation, for several reasons, private equity portfolios are being sold at very attractive conditions for investors such as Arcano. Our purpose, as in the last funds, is to take advantage of the opportunity to invest in leading private companies in their sectors at attractive prices and with the best managers”, said Ricardo Miró-Quesada, Managing Director and CIO of Private Equity & Impact of Arcano Capital.