Carlyle In Talks to Buy Sagemcom from Gores Group

The Carlyle Group is exclusive talks to acquire digital set-top box maker Sagemcom from the Gores Group, Reuters reported. Under the terms of the deal being discussed, Carlyle would take a 70% stake, with Sagemom’s management and employees holding the remaining 30%, Reuters said. Financial details of the deal were not released.

(Reuters) – Private equity firm Carlyle [CYL.UL] said on Tuesday that it was in exclusive talks to acquire French digital set-top box maker Sagemcom from the Gores Group.

Carlyle said that under the terms being discussed, it would own 70 percent of Sagemcom while the company’s management and employees would own the remaining 30 percent. Financial terms were not disclosed.

(Reporting by Christian Plumb; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)