Q: HOW DO I RESET MY PASSWORD?
A: Follow these instructions:
- Go to: https://www.pehub.com/password/lostpassword
- Enter your email address
- Click “Get New Password” button
- Check your email for a link to reset your password. The sender will be [email protected] If you don’t see an email, double check your Spam folder or your Junk Email folder.
- If you still have questions, please contact [email protected].
Q: I CAN’T OPEN STORY LINKS IN THE PE HUB WIRE, BUYOUTS EMAIL ALERT OR VCJ EMAIL ALERT ON MY MOBILE PHONE. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
A: Make sure the cookies on your mobile browser are DISABLED.
- For Google Chrome (typically for Android users):
- Go to Settings>Site Settings>Cookies>Check first box: Cookies (Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended) Check second box: Allow third-party cookies (Third-party websites can save and read cookie data)
- For Safari (for iPhone users), go to:
- Settings > Safari > Block Cookies, and select Always Allow.
Q: HOW DO I UNREGISTER FROM THE SITE AND MAKE SURE NONE OF MY DATA REMAINS?
A: Send a request to [email protected].
Q: WHAT ARE THE REGISTRATION OPTIONS ON THE PE HUB NETWORK (PEHN)?
A: There are three “levels” of usage on The PE Hub Network:
Roam our site without registering and you can read non-premium stories on the PE Hub Network Home Page, the News Briefs and the Opinion areas of the site.
2. FREE REGISTRATION
Take a minute to complete the free registration form, and be eligible to:
Receive any of our 5 email alerts:
- PE Hub Wire (daily)
- Buyouts Alert (daily)
- VCJ Alert (daily)
- PE Hub Canada Wire (weekly)
- Top Stories of the Week (weekly)
Become a member of the PE Hub Network community. This lets you build a profile of yourself (or just import your LinkedIn™ profile) and:
- Save stories you want to read later
- Join one of the community groups to discuss common topics
- Follow contributors to the PEHN
- “Friend” others in the PEHN to communicate with them directly
3. PAID REGISTRATION
Become a paid member of the community via Buyouts or VCJ, and in addition to the FREE REGISTRATION benefits above, receive:
- Access to our premium analysis of the private equity (Buyouts) or venture capital (VCJ) market. This includes insights on deals and fundraisings; trackers on industry metrics and in-depth profiles of key industry players.
- Access to the Data Room – 1.6 million data points of deals, funds and loans transactions dating back more than 55 years.
- Get a FREE two-week trial to Buyouts here or purchase a Buyouts subscription here.
- Get a FREE two-week trial to VCJ here or purchase a VCJ subscription here.
- To learn more about a paid registration option, email Brian McCabe or David Korn.
Q: WHAT DO I DO IF PE HUB ISN’T WORKING PROPERLY IN MY BROWSER?
A: We recommend Chrome or Firefox for optimal performance. Both are free.
If you’re having trouble filling in forms on PE HUB, such as the Wire registration page, it may be because you’re using an older version of Internet Explorer. IE 7 and some versions of IE 8 have a bug that can be fixed by doing the following:
- Go to your desktop (Windows key + M)
- Create a new text file using Notepad or an equivalent text editor
- Copy and paste the following text into the text file
- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_AJAX_CONNECTIONEVENTS]
- Click “Save as…” and click on the save type. Set it to “All Files”
- Save file as “iefix.reg”
- Double-click on the “iefix.reg” file you just created and the issue should not be fixed
(If you’re not sure which version of Internet Explorer you’re using, you can find out by clicking on “Help” in the navigation bar at the top of IE and then hitting “About Internet Explorer.” The version will be listed there.)
Q: HOW CAN I CONTRIBUTE TO VOX POPULI OR CONTRIBUTE PRESS RELEASES OR OTHER NEWS TO PE HUB?
A: Read our guest article guidelines here. Proposed guest articles and press releases may be sent to Private Equity Editor Chris Witkowsky at [email protected].
Q: WHERE CAN I FIND INFORMATION ABOUT BUYOUTS‘ DEAL OF THE YEAR AWARDS?
A: You can download an application for the competition and see a list of past winners here: https://www.pehub.com/deal-of-the-year/
Q: WERE CAN I FIND YOUR RSS FEEDS?
A: Go to: https://www.pehub.com/rss-feeds/
Q: WHERE DO I GO WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT PE HUB NETWORK?
A: Right here:
HOW DO I JOIN PE HUB NETWORK?
A: Enter your name and email address here. Complete the process by clicking on the activation link that will be sent to your email address. (Please check your spam folder if you don’t see an email from PE HUB in your inbox immediately.)
HOW DO I CREATE A MEMBER PROFILE?
A: Creating a PE HUB member profile is FREE. Click on the “Manage Account” in the “PE HUB Community” box on the upper right side of the homepage. That will take you to your membership page. Click on the “Profile” link and hit “Edit” to fill in your information. Click on the “Change Avatar” button to quickly add a photo.
HOW DO I EDIT MY PROFILE?
A: Click on the “Manage Account” in the “PE HUB Community” box on the upper right side of the homepage. That will take you to your membership page. Click on the “Profile” link and hit “Edit” to change your your information.
WHAT IF I’M HAVING TROUBLE REGISTERING AS A USER?
A: Here are some solutions to common problems users may encounter:
- If the system displays an error message telling you the email address is already in the system, you can reset your password by clicking here and following the prompts.
- If you’ve input your name and email address, but haven’t received a confirmation email, please check your spam filter for the confirmation email.
- If none of the solutions above resolves your issue, please contact [email protected].
WHERE CAN I FIND MY MESSAGES, TRACK FRIENDS, ETC.?
A: Click on the MY PROFILE drop-down menu next to the search bar in the upper right corner of the page and select ‘View Profile’. It will take you to your dashboard where you can check your messages, follow friends, post updates and more.
HOW DO I SEARCH FOR COLLEAGUES OR POTENTIAL BUSINESS PARTNERS?
A: If you want to see if any of your friends or colleagues are on The PE hub Network, just click on Members in the top navigation bar on the home page. Then type in their name. You can also browse our membership for potential business partners by typing in the name of a university, company or a keyword such as “venture capital” or “buyouts.”
HOW DO I UPDATE MY STATUS OR SHARE A LINK?
A: Click on the “Manage Account” in the “PE HUB Community” box on the upper right side of the homepage. You can update your status or post a link by filling in the box that says, “What’s new?”
WHAT IF SOMEONE SENDS ME AN INAPPROPRIATE MESSAGE?
A: Please alert us by sending an email to [email protected].
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING SOMEONE’S “FRIEND” AND “FOLLOWING” THAT PERSON?
A: Here’s an explanation of friends and followers:
- Friends. To become someone’s friend on PE HUB, you need to submit a friend request to that person, who can either approve or deny the request. If you are someone’s friend, you can send that person a private message and you will see their updates appear in your activity stream. If a person sets her privacy controls to “friends only,” only her friends will be able to see her status updates. Also, either of the parties in a friendship can cancel the friendship at any time.
- Followers. Clicking on the follow button allows you to see someone’s public status updates without being that person’s friend. It works in the same way that Twitter allows you to follow another person’s tweets without seeking that person’s permission. This function does not allow you to send private messages to the person you’re following or see updates that the person has restricted to friends.