DO I HAVE TO REGISTER AS A PE HUB MEMBER?
You are not required to register as a member. Anyone can visit the site and read the posts. But if you want to use the social tools on the site — such as posting status updates, sending private messages to friends or participating in group discussions — you need to be a registered member.
HOW DO I BECOME A PE HUB MEMBER?
Registering as a PE HUB member is easy and FREE.
1. Enter your name and email address here.
2. Complete the process by clicking on the activation link that will be sent to your email address. (Please check your spam folder if you don’t see an email from PE HUB in your inbox immediately.)
HOW DO I CREATE A MEMBER PROFILE?
Creating a PE HUB member profile is FREE. Click on the “Manage Account” in the “PE HUB Community” box on the upper right side of the homepage. That will take you to your membership page. Click on the “Profile” link and hit “Edit” to fill in your information. Click on the “Change Avatar” button to quickly add a photo.
WHAT DO I DO IF I’M HAVING TROUBLE REGISTERING AS A USER?
Here are some solutions to common problems users may encounter:
* If the system displays an error message telling you the email address is already in the system, you can reset your password by clicking here and following the prompts.
* If you’ve input your name and email address, but haven’t received a confirmation email, please check your spam filter for the confirmation email.
* If none of the solutions above resolves your issue, please contact Tim O’Keeffe at [email protected].
WHAT DO I DO IF PE HUB ISN’T WORKING PROPERLY IN MY BROWSER?
If you’re having trouble filling in forms on PE HUB, such as the Wire registration page, it may be because you’re using an older version of Internet Explorer. IE 7 and some versions of IE 8 have a bug that can be fixed by doing the following:
* Go to your desktop (Windows key + M)
* Create a new text file using Notepad or an equivalent text editor
* Copy and paste the following text into the text file
* Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_AJAX_CONNECTIONEVENTS]
* Click “Save as…” and click on the save type. Set it to “All Files”
* Save file as “iefix.reg”
* Double-click on the “iefix.reg” file you just created and the issue should not be fixed
(If you’re not sure which version of Internet Explorer you’re using, you can find out by clicking on “Help” in the navigation bar at the top of IE and then hitting “About Internet Explorer.” The version will be listed there.)
HOW CAN I EDIT MY PROFILE?
Click on the “Manage Account” in the “PE HUB Community” box on the upper right side of the homepage. That will take you to your membership page. Click on the “Profile” link and hit “Edit” to change your your information.
HOW CAN I CONTRIBUTE TO VOX POPULI OR CONTRIBUTE PRESS RELEASES OR OTHER NEWS TO PE HUB?
Proposed guest articles and press releases may be sent to PE HUB Editor Chris Witkowsky at [email protected]
WHERE CAN I FIND MY MESSAGES, TRACK FRIENDS, ETC.?
Simply click on the MY PE HUB tab in the top toolbar. It will open up a dashboard where you can check your messages, follow friends, post updates and more.
HOW DO I SEARCH FOR COLLEAGUES OR POTENTIAL BUSINESS PARTNERS?
If you want to see if any of your friends or colleagues are PE HUB members, just click on Members in the top navigation bar on the home page. Then type in their name. You can also browse our membership for potential business partners by typing in the name of a university, company or a keyword such as “venture capital” or “buyouts.”
HOW DO I UPDATE MY STATUS OR SHARE A LINK?
Click on the “Manage Account” in the “PE HUB Community” box on the upper right side of the homepage. You can update your status or post a link by filling in the box that says, “What’s new?”
WHAT IF SOMEONE SENDS ME AN INAPPROPRIATE MESSAGE?
Please bring the matter to the attention of PE HUB Editor Chris Witkowsky at [email protected]
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING SOMEONE’S “FRIEND” AND “FOLLOWING” THAT PERSON?
Friends. To become someone’s friend on PE HUB, you need to submit a friend request to that person, who can either approve or deny the request. If you are someone’s friend, you can send that person a private message and you will see their updates appear in your activity stream. If a person sets her privacy controls to “friends only,” only her friends will be able to see her status updates. Also, either of the parties in a friendship can cancel the friendship at any time.
Followers. Clicking on the follow button allows you to see someone’s public status updates without being that person’s friend. It works in the same way that Twitter allows you to follow another person’s tweets without seeking that person’s permission. This function does not allow you to send private messages to the person you’re following or see updates that the person has restricted to friends.
HOW DO I UNREGISTER FROM THE SITE AND MAKE SURE NONE OF MY DATA REMAINS?
Please contact Larry Aragon at [email protected].
WHO DO I TALK TO FOR QUESTIONS NOT ANSWERED HERE?
Please contact Larry Aragon at [email protected]