Georg von Hammerstein has joined Patron Capital Partners as a senior advisor. He will be working with Patron’s existing investment teams and focusing on new investments in Germany and the German speaking countries. Most recently, Hammerstein was the European Chief Investment Officer of Pramerica Real Estate Investors.
LONDON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Patron Capital Partners (“Patron”), the pan European private equity and real estate investor representing over €2.5bn of equity capital, is pleased to announce that Georg von Hammerstein has joined Patron as a Senior Adviser with immediate effect. Georg will be working with Patron’s existing investment teams and focusing on new investments in Germany and the German speaking countries.
Following the final close of Patron’s Fund IV, announced in September 2012, Patron has already allocated approximately half of the €1bn of equity capital raised (including discretionary co-investment capital). Germany represents a core market for Patron, with approximately 560,000 sq m of land and buildings currently under management and the Company intends to invest in over €1bn of assets there in the next two years.
Georg has 25 years of experience in the German and European real estate markets, working in senior positions across most risk asset classes, predominantly in commercial real estate. Georg’s experience includes debt to equity financing, joint venture management, developments on own account as well as investments for institutional funds and family offices. For the last 14 years, Georg worked for Pramerica Real Estate Investors (“Pramerica”), spending the last six years as European Chief Investment Officer. Prior to Pramerica, he was with Helaba and real estate subsidiaries of Commerzbank and Deutsche Bank.
Keith M. Breslauer, Patron’s Managing Director, said:
“We have a strong appetite for real estate in Germany and are dedicated to spending considerable amounts of our investment capital and internal capacities on opportunities in this region. I have known Georg for over 20 years and am very pleased he has decided to join us. With the benefit of his deep knowledge of the German markets, and working together with Christoph Ignaczak and the German teams in London and Frankfurt, I believe we can enhance our position as a significant investor in the German market and achieve our goals.”
Georg von Hammerstein said:
“There are compelling investment opportunities in Germany and I look forward to working with the successful team at Patron to acquire, manage, redevelop and reposition properties to deliver value. With its significant equity, creative approach and substantial co-investment firepower, Patron is uniquely positioned to be able to work with liquidity constrained borrowers, as well as banks and partners to restructure complex real estate situations.”
– Ends –
Notes to Editors:
About Patron Capital Partners
• Patron represents approximately €2.5 billion of capital across several funds (including its most recent Fund IV) and related co-investments, investing in property, corporate operating entities whose value is primarily supported by property assets and distressed debt and credit related businesses.
• Since it was established in 1999, Patron has invested in over 100 transactions across over 50 investments, involving approximately 40 million square feet in 13 countries, with many of these investments realised.
• Investors represent a variety of prominent universities, major institutions, private foundations, and high net worth individuals located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
• The investment advisers to Fund IV are Patron Capital Advisers LLP and Patron Capital Europe sarl.
• The investment advisers are based in London and Luxemburg and Patron has other offices in Barcelona, Milan, and Dreieich (Germany); the group is comprised of 71 people, including a 34-person investment team and eight senior advisers/direct partners.
• Further information about Patron, please see www.patroncapital.com