Return to search

Hamner to leave AlpInvest Partners

AlpInvest Partners has suffered another departure.

Scott Hamner, a partner in AlpInvest’s investment solutions team, is leaving, a Carlyle Group spokesman confirmed. Hamner said in an email Tuesday that it was “his decision” to leave AlpInvest at the end of September to “dedicate my full energy and attention to our three young children.

“While the opportunity to continue to work with high quality individuals at AlpInvest and Carlyle and be a part of the current and future success of both organizations has been and continues to be very compelling and fulfilling, after much reflection and consideration, I am moving forward with what I believe is most beneficial to our boys and family,” Hamner said in the email, which was obtained by peHUB.

Hamner was responsible for developing new clients for the firm as well as for investor relations in North and South America, according to his bio. He joined AlpInvest in 2012 from Credit Suisse’s Customized Fund Investment Group, where he was a partner and a member of the investment committee. Before that, Hamner was an attorney in the private funds group of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld in New York.

Hamner’s departure from AlpInvest follows the resignation of Elliot Royce last month. Royce was co-head of the fund investments group.

The Carlyle Group in 2011 acquired a 60% stake in AlpInvest for an undisclosed price. The buyout shop in June announced it would buy the remaining 40%. The Carlyle spokesman declined to comment further.

Photo courtesy of AlpInvest