Earlier I pointed out that TPG could be in the running to strike the second largest American PE deal of the year. Beating out the US were two foreign infrastructure deals: TransAlta Corp., the $7.8 billion Canadian buyout backed by Credit Suisse, GE Infrastructure and LS Power Equity Partners; and Asciano Group, a $4.08 billion Austrailian buyout executed by TPG, and once again, CS and GE.
Click here to download a chart of the top 20 with full details.
Note that the “rank value” on some of these deals is different from its value. Rank value is defined as deal value minus liabilities plus net debt.
Also note that TPG is already involved in two of the top ten deals.
Top Ten (Including Rank Value):
- TransAlta Corp – Investor Group – $10.26 billion
- Asciano Group – Asciano Group SPV – $7.23 billion
- Merryll Lunch & Co Inc CDO Mortgage Assets –Lone Star Funds – $6.7 billion
- InComm – Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. – 1.89 billion
- Apria Healthcare Group – Blackstone Group – 1.57 billion
- Deutsche Post World Net Real Estate Property Portfolio $1.56 billion
- ABN-AMRO Holding NV Private Equity Investments Portfolio – $1.50 billion
- Gibson Energy Holdings Ltd – Carlyle/Riverstone Global – $1.21 billion
- Safety-Kleen Europe Ltd – Warburg Pincus – $1.12 billion
- SIA International Ltd – TPG Capital – $800 million
Thanks to our research editor Eamon Beltran for the data.