Partners Group is a global private markets investment management firm with 25 billion euros ($32.3 billion) in investment programs under management in private equity, private debt, private real estate and private infrastructure. The firm manages a broad range of funds and customized portfolios for an international clientele of institutional investors.
The business is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland and has offices in San Francisco, New York, São Paulo, London, Guernsey, Paris, Luxembourg, Munich, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo and Sydney. The firm employs over 600 people and is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
The investment manager, private equity secondaries, will be responsible for sourcing, assessing, executing, and monitoring private equity secondary transactions, including fund investments and secondary direct transactions.
Partners Group is looking for an analytical person who works well in a very entrepreneurial organization, someone who is a self-starter and possesses strong networking and organization skills.
The group currently has over 30 open positions advertised on its website. On the investment side, the firm is advertising vacancies for an investment manager in private infrastructure (with a focus on renewable energy) based in Zug; a private debt investment professional and a private equity real estate investment professional, both based in Singapore and a junior investment manager for private equity based in São Paulo.
But if secondaries is your bag, scroll down to find out more about the New York-based job vacancy at this global fund manager.
***Job of the Week***
Job Title: Investment manager, private equity secondaries
Firm: Partners Group
Location: New York
Salary: Not disclosed
Job Description (as cited via Partners Group website):
Tasks will include:
▪ Pro-active sourcing of investment opportunities from your network, intermediaries, investment partners, and other industry contacts
▪ Quantitative and qualitative due diligence on prospective private equity investments
▪ Negotiation of transaction terms and structures
▪ Coordination of transaction documentation and execution (in conjunction with internal and external legal counsel)
▪ Various tasks related to product reporting, investment monitoring, market research, and marketing efforts
Qualifications (as cited via Partners Group website):
The successful candidate should have the following profile:
▪ Top academic credentials (master/MBA preferred), with a coursework emphasis on Business Strategy, Accounting, Finance and/or Mathematics
▪ 2 to 4 years of work experience in the private equity market
▪ Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and written communication skills in addition to a strong desire to learn and succeed
▪ Thorough knowledge of Word and Excel (modeling skills required) and the ability to conduct research
▪ Ability to multi-task and accurately complete projects on time
▪ Strong work ethic, professional demeanorn and appearance
Please apply via Partners Group website
For more private equity job opportunities head over to the peHUB career center, co-hosted with eFinancialCareers.com.
Image credit: Photo courtesy of Shutterstock