This week there are a handful of associate positions up for grabs, two with a focus on real estate and CalPERS is hiring for a private equity portfolio manager but you’d better be quick off the mark – closing date is March 14.
– The $250.9 billion California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) is looking for a portfolio manager in its private equity department based in its Sacramento Headquarters Office, California. Apply here by Thursday.
– Mid-market private equity investor Charterhouse Equity Partners is recruiting for a senior associate based in the Greater New York City Area. The successful candidate will spend their time in three general categories: (i) new investment evaluation and transaction execution, (ii) portfolio company monitoring and management, and (iii) internal initiatives. For further information and to apply click here.
– Investment manager Oaktree is looking to hire a commercial real estate asset manager based in Los Angeles to work with the real estate group’s commercial real estate team. If real estate is your game apply here.
– Also seeking real estate pros, Morgan Stanley is on the look-out for an associate – real estate investing – investor coverage and private capital markets group.
– On the venture side, venture philanthropy firm NewSchools Venture Fund is advertising for associate partners based in Washington, DC, Boston, MA or Oakland, CA. According to the job description, the associate partner’s role is primarily to “support NewSchools’ leadership team in the cultivation and assessment of potential investment opportunities, and the ongoing support of these entrepreneurial organizations post-investment.”
And in recent people moves news The California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS) has appointed Cassandra Lichnock as its first chief operating officer. Lichnock has worked at CalSTRS since 2008 and was previously human resources executive officer. There has been no announcement of a replacement as yet.
Image of ladder to the top courtesy of Shutterstock