UK-based growth investor Lyceum Capital has added Thomas Keen as an investment executive to its team. Previously, Keen worked at CIL Management Consultants.
Lyceum Capital, the growth investor, has expanded its investment team with the appointment of Thomas Keen as an investment executive.
Thomas joins Lyceum from CIL Management Consultants during which time he worked on over 30 commercial due diligence projects for many different UK mid-market private equity houses.
At Lyceum, Thomas will work with the investment team to originate, support and execute new platform investments and add-on acquisitions for existing portfolio companies. His appointment is the third in 2015 following new operations and development partner Geoff Neville and investment executive Alistair Gray.
Simon Hitchcock, partner at Lyceum, said: “Our appointment of Tom shows our continuing commitment to growing our deal-making capacity further and helps us work with our portfolio companies to target growth through add-on acquisitions.
“Thomas’s experience in advising private equity firms in commercial due diligence around a variety of sectors at CIL will strengthen our ability to execute deals in a competitive and fast-moving market.”
Thomas Keen said: “Lyceum has a great track record working with businesses to implement clear and effective growth strategies and I am looking forward to bringing my commercial experience to such a dynamic team.”
Established in 1999, Lyceum invests in mid-sized UK businesses. We partner with entrepreneurial management teams and unlock growth potential by providing capital, operational and development support and help with targeted acquisitions.
Since inception, the firm has raised over £800m of capital across three funds and acquired well over 100 companies, including 94 bolt-on acquisitions and 22 platform investments.
· Lyceum Capital partners with entrepreneurial management teams and unlocks growth potential by providing capital, operations and development support and help with targeted acquisitions.
· Lyceum typically invests between £5m and £50m of equity in fast-growing, UK-headquartered, mid-sized businesses.
· Over the last ten years, via its three funds, Lyceum Capital will have invested and provided more than £1.5 billion of funding to grow and develop SMEs in the UK.
· Established in 1999, the firm has raised more than £800m of capital across three funds and acquired over 100 companies.
· It is currently investing its third fund of £330m.
· Current portfolio companies are: Adapt, Bellrock, Briefing Media, Carewatch, Clearswift, Compact Media Group, EAT, Isotrak, Sequence Care and UKDN.
· Collectively, its portfolio generates sales approaching £500m and employs over 5,000 people.