UPDATE 11/06/12: "Schwartz moves from President to Advisor @Magento" http://lnkd.in/z3qqTW
Bob Schwartz has established himself as a leader, company builder and change agent of Internet commerce (eCommerce) companies (consumer-facing and software companies) leading numerous companies and Fortune 500 divisions through rapid growth through a focus on vision, execution of mission, culture, talent and creating a balance between the art and science of business. Bob's track record of success in company creation and growth is demonstrated in the tremendous value created for partners and shareholders via numerous positive exist and transactions.
SchwartzGroup Strategic Advisory Firm – Internet eCommerce
Fashion | Retail | Consumer Brands | Media Commerce | Technology
From venture backed growth to Fortune 500 Innovation, we work on a handful of select projects with CEO’s, Founders, Boards and Investors to build, grow or turn-around on-line efforts.
Bob served as President of Magento Inc where he joined the two founders and 40 employees in 2009. Magento was acquired 08/11 by eBay Inc. Magento is the global market leader in eCommerce technology platform with over 400 employees worldwide.
Past efforts include:
– Founder and GM of $1 billion/yr NORDSTROM.com, where he was hired to build the leading fashion apparel Internet company and lead the venture funded spin-off from NORDSTROM Inc (rolled back 2002)
– The youngest Vice President for leading consumer PC manufacturer Packard Bell Computers, where he built two consumer direct divisions
– President of publicly traded internet data company US Search (merged to form First Advantage FADV)
– Entrepreneur in Residence at Clearstone Venture Partners
– Advisor or Board member of numerous companies including: Luxury retailers Vivre and Portero, LiveBid (sold to Amazon), KickApps, Zadspace, GIIV and Platformation.