Orchard Global Asset Management said Jan. 17 that its Taiga Special Opportunities Fund closed on $2.5 billion. Taiga looks invest in opportunities arising from the regulatory environment applicable to global financial institutions.
Orchard Global Asset Management raises $2.5bn in Taiga Special
London (January 17, 2019) – Orchard Global Asset Management (OGAM), an alternative investment management firm with a focus on opportunistic fixed income and structured credit transactions, today announces that it has closed the Taiga Special Opportunities Fund after raising $2.5bn in capital commitments.
“We appreciate the support of our existing LPs and welcome new investors into Taiga,” said Paul Horvath, Group CEO and co-founder of OGAM, “and believe that these relationships are a testament to OGAM’s continued ability to identify attractive risk-reward opportunities.” Over 40% of the capital commitments into Taiga came from existing OGAM investors, with the remaining 60% made up new investor relationships, primarily sovereign wealth funds and large private and public pension plans consistent with OGAM’s existing investor base.
Taiga seeks to take advantage of unique investment opportunities arising from the evolving regulatory environment applicable to global financial institutions.
For further information, please contact:
+44 (0) 20 3040 0872
+44 (0) 20 3040 0867
About Orchard Global Asset Management:
Founded in 2008, Orchard Global Asset Management (OGAM) is a global alternatives asset management firm with assets under management of over $5bn. It focuses on opportunistic fixed income and structured credit transactions in four principal market segments. These include bank regulatory capital solutions, specialty lending, primary and secondary collateralized loan obligations, and structured credit trading – through a combination of comingled and single strategy funds in both open and closed ended vehicles.
The firm has offices in Asia, Europe and North America which serve a globally diverse group of clients, including sovereign wealth funds, large public and corporate pension plans, leading foundations and endowments, and family offices.