* TPG is considering a bid for Royal Bank of Scotland’s £
* The Kauffman Foundation has issued a report on Education and Tech Entrepreneurship. Among its findings: “Even though Bill Gates and Steve Jobs founded two of the world’s most successful companies, they are not representative of technology and engineering company founders. Indeed, a larger proportion of tech founders are middle-aged, well-educated in business or technical disciplines, with degrees from a wide assortment of schools. Twice as many U.S.-born tech entrepreneurs start ventures in their fifties as do those in their early twenties.” Download the entire report: EdTech.pdf
* Earlier this week, Ruby on Rails raised $3.5 million in VC funding from Benchmark Capital. Now comes a TechCrunch report that scale-challenged Twitter is searching for a new architecture.
* BCE lenders monitor the courts in Canada and the U.S.
* PE capital infusions into financial institutions, otherwise known as March of the Lemmings.