* UK event organizer and publisher Informa gets a $4.3 billion buyout bid from Carlyle, Prov Equity and Hellman & Friedman.
* Tom Barnett has four words for those who have criticized M&A approvals — like Maytag/Whirlpool — during his time as top antitrust enforcer for the DoJ: I got it right.
* Eli Broad: Worst economic slump since WWII.
* Longtime readers know my fascination with inkless printer company Zink. Its first products hit stores this weekend.
* Cisco forms Russian tech investment fund.
* PE firms pay heavily for past investment in the chemicals sector.
* I did an in-studio spot last night for Jim Braude’s program on NECN. Topic was overall economic turmoil. Yes, I look particularly tired, which is why I’m taking the next two weeks off. Here’s the video: